Oct 15, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Mike Modano told Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News that he was concerned that the 2012 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony would turn into a “cry fest.”
Here’s a collection of interesting photos, videos and other assorted bits from the ceremony – minus the sobbing and blubbering.
USA Hockey’s Twitter page is brimming with photos, including this one of the 2012 inductees Lou Lamoriello, Ed Olczyk and Modano:
The Dallas Stars pointed out a hockey-friendly alteration to a sculpture at Dallas’ Plaza of the Americas:
Here is video of Modano addressing the media:
Olczyk did the same:
The Hall of Fame inductees weren’t the only ones on hand; they were joined by Lester Patrick Award winners Dick Patrick and Bob Chase-Wallenstein as well as Wayne Gretzky Award winner Murray Costello.
For more on Patrick, check out this post and watch his presser below:
If that’s not enough 2012 U.S. HHOF action for you, NHL.com has a running blog and plenty of stories from the event.
(Main image via USA Hockey.)
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2