Oct 15, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Mike Modano told Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News that he was concerned that the 2012 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony would turn into a “cry fest.”
Here’s a collection of interesting photos, videos and other assorted bits from the ceremony – minus the sobbing and blubbering.
USA Hockey’s Twitter page is brimming with photos, including this one of the 2012 inductees Lou Lamoriello, Ed Olczyk and Modano:
The Dallas Stars pointed out a hockey-friendly alteration to a sculpture at Dallas’ Plaza of the Americas:
Here is video of Modano addressing the media:
Olczyk did the same:
The Hall of Fame inductees weren’t the only ones on hand; they were joined by Lester Patrick Award winners Dick Patrick and Bob Chase-Wallenstein as well as Wayne Gretzky Award winner Murray Costello.
For more on Patrick, check out this post and watch his presser below:
If that’s not enough 2012 U.S. HHOF action for you, NHL.com has a running blog and plenty of stories from the event.
(Main image via USA Hockey.)
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22