Oct 15, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
Tingsryds plays in the Allsvenskan, the tier below the Swedish Elite League. Because of the controversy surrounding SEL clubs and the signing of locked-out NHLers, many players have opted to play in the lower league, one that is free of transfer issues.
Santorelli, 26, is coming off a tough 2011-12 campaign that saw him fail to build off his highly-successful 2010-11.
After a shoulder issue hampered his start to the year, Santorelli only appeared in 60 games (down from 82 in 2010-11) and saw his production fall across the board: nine goals (down from 20), two assists (down from 21) and 11 points (down from 41).
He also failed to appear in any of Florida’s opening-round playoff loss to New Jersey.
Santorelli is in the final season of a two-year, $3.6 million deal signed with the Panthers in 2011 — he’ll become a restricted free agent upon its expiration.
Of note, he’ll be joining his brother, Mark — a former Nashville Predators farmhand — with Tingsryds.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)