Oct 15, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Tingsryds plays in the Allsvenskan, the tier below the Swedish Elite League. Because of the controversy surrounding SEL clubs and the signing of locked-out NHLers, many players have opted to play in the lower league, one that is free of transfer issues.
Santorelli, 26, is coming off a tough 2011-12 campaign that saw him fail to build off his highly-successful 2010-11.
After a shoulder issue hampered his start to the year, Santorelli only appeared in 60 games (down from 82 in 2010-11) and saw his production fall across the board: nine goals (down from 20), two assists (down from 21) and 11 points (down from 41).
He also failed to appear in any of Florida’s opening-round playoff loss to New Jersey.
Santorelli is in the final season of a two-year, $3.6 million deal signed with the Panthers in 2011 — he’ll become a restricted free agent upon its expiration.
Of note, he’ll be joining his brother, Mark — a former Nashville Predators farmhand — with Tingsryds.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 3
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 28
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13