Oct 15, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Tingsryds plays in the Allsvenskan, the tier below the Swedish Elite League. Because of the controversy surrounding SEL clubs and the signing of locked-out NHLers, many players have opted to play in the lower league, one that is free of transfer issues.
Santorelli, 26, is coming off a tough 2011-12 campaign that saw him fail to build off his highly-successful 2010-11.
After a shoulder issue hampered his start to the year, Santorelli only appeared in 60 games (down from 82 in 2010-11) and saw his production fall across the board: nine goals (down from 20), two assists (down from 21) and 11 points (down from 41).
He also failed to appear in any of Florida’s opening-round playoff loss to New Jersey.
Santorelli is in the final season of a two-year, $3.6 million deal signed with the Panthers in 2011 — he’ll become a restricted free agent upon its expiration.
Of note, he’ll be joining his brother, Mark — a former Nashville Predators farmhand — with Tingsryds.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 30
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)