Oct 14, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
All right, you’re hurting for real hockey action during the lockout and fortunately for you the AHL season began this weekend. Philly’s young prospect Brayden Schenn wants to remind you that he’s capable of doing really nifty things when he has the puck.
Check out Schenn scoring a sweet shorthanded goal for the Adirondack Phantoms against the Portland Pirates, Phoenix’s farm team. His slick puck moving helps him fake out David Rundblad horribly before he stuffs it backhanded past Chad Johnson.
The Phantoms went on to beat the Pirates 6-3 with Schenn scoring twice and adding an assist.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)