Oct 14, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
All right, you’re hurting for real hockey action during the lockout and fortunately for you the AHL season began this weekend. Philly’s young prospect Brayden Schenn wants to remind you that he’s capable of doing really nifty things when he has the puck.
Check out Schenn scoring a sweet shorthanded goal for the Adirondack Phantoms against the Portland Pirates, Phoenix’s farm team. His slick puck moving helps him fake out David Rundblad horribly before he stuffs it backhanded past Chad Johnson.
The Phantoms went on to beat the Pirates 6-3 with Schenn scoring twice and adding an assist.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5