Oct 14, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
All right, you’re hurting for real hockey action during the lockout and fortunately for you the AHL season began this weekend. Philly’s young prospect Brayden Schenn wants to remind you that he’s capable of doing really nifty things when he has the puck.
Check out Schenn scoring a sweet shorthanded goal for the Adirondack Phantoms against the Portland Pirates, Phoenix’s farm team. His slick puck moving helps him fake out David Rundblad horribly before he stuffs it backhanded past Chad Johnson.
The Phantoms went on to beat the Pirates 6-3 with Schenn scoring twice and adding an assist.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)