Oct 14, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
All right, you’re hurting for real hockey action during the lockout and fortunately for you the AHL season began this weekend. Philly’s young prospect Brayden Schenn wants to remind you that he’s capable of doing really nifty things when he has the puck.
Check out Schenn scoring a sweet shorthanded goal for the Adirondack Phantoms against the Portland Pirates, Phoenix’s farm team. His slick puck moving helps him fake out David Rundblad horribly before he stuffs it backhanded past Chad Johnson.
The Phantoms went on to beat the Pirates 6-3 with Schenn scoring twice and adding an assist.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)