Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The NHL might be locked out, but the sport hasn’t shut down. If you tuned in last night on NBCSN, you got to see Notre Dame earn a 3-2 victory over Nebraska-Omaha to claim the 2012 Icebreaker championship.
If you missed the contest, we got the highlights for you below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Anders Lee and Peter Schneider both played big roles in Notre Dame’s win. They each found the back of the net and registered an assist in the contest.
Thomas DiPauli, who was taken by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, scored the game-winning goal.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)