Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The NHL might be locked out, but the sport hasn’t shut down. If you tuned in last night on NBCSN, you got to see Notre Dame earn a 3-2 victory over Nebraska-Omaha to claim the 2012 Icebreaker championship.
If you missed the contest, we got the highlights for you below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Anders Lee and Peter Schneider both played big roles in Notre Dame’s win. They each found the back of the net and registered an assist in the contest.
Thomas DiPauli, who was taken by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, scored the game-winning goal.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)