Oct 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
John Davidson gave the impression he was generally impressed after what he called a “whirlwind” weekend getting acquainted with the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise.
Here’s what he told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline after returning to St. Louis:
“It was a good weekend,” Davidson said. “My wife and I were treated very well. All first class. No decisions yet, as this has been a whirlwind. This will be an important decision for myself, my family and for the Blue Jackets. They have a great set-up there, and we were very impressed with the city.”
Portzline reports that Davidson wouldn’t say if he was offered a contract.
That would be a reasonable assumption if the report that the franchise is offering him “complete autonomy” with the way he would run the team is true, though.
While there might not be a huge rush for a decision thanks to the lockout, this would also be a great chance for Davidson to ease into a role for a team that clearly needs a makeover (despite his kind words).
That’s especially true if he decided to bring in new front office members or make other significant changes.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)