Oct 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
John Davidson gave the impression he was generally impressed after what he called a “whirlwind” weekend getting acquainted with the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise.
Here’s what he told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline after returning to St. Louis:
“It was a good weekend,” Davidson said. “My wife and I were treated very well. All first class. No decisions yet, as this has been a whirlwind. This will be an important decision for myself, my family and for the Blue Jackets. They have a great set-up there, and we were very impressed with the city.”
Portzline reports that Davidson wouldn’t say if he was offered a contract.
That would be a reasonable assumption if the report that the franchise is offering him “complete autonomy” with the way he would run the team is true, though.
While there might not be a huge rush for a decision thanks to the lockout, this would also be a great chance for Davidson to ease into a role for a team that clearly needs a makeover (despite his kind words).
That’s especially true if he decided to bring in new front office members or make other significant changes.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)