Oct 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
John Davidson gave the impression he was generally impressed after what he called a “whirlwind” weekend getting acquainted with the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise.
Here’s what he told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline after returning to St. Louis:
“It was a good weekend,” Davidson said. “My wife and I were treated very well. All first class. No decisions yet, as this has been a whirlwind. This will be an important decision for myself, my family and for the Blue Jackets. They have a great set-up there, and we were very impressed with the city.”
Portzline reports that Davidson wouldn’t say if he was offered a contract.
That would be a reasonable assumption if the report that the franchise is offering him “complete autonomy” with the way he would run the team is true, though.
While there might not be a huge rush for a decision thanks to the lockout, this would also be a great chance for Davidson to ease into a role for a team that clearly needs a makeover (despite his kind words).
That’s especially true if he decided to bring in new front office members or make other significant changes.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17