Oct 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
John Davidson gave the impression he was generally impressed after what he called a “whirlwind” weekend getting acquainted with the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise.
Here’s what he told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline after returning to St. Louis:
“It was a good weekend,” Davidson said. “My wife and I were treated very well. All first class. No decisions yet, as this has been a whirlwind. This will be an important decision for myself, my family and for the Blue Jackets. They have a great set-up there, and we were very impressed with the city.”
Portzline reports that Davidson wouldn’t say if he was offered a contract.
That would be a reasonable assumption if the report that the franchise is offering him “complete autonomy” with the way he would run the team is true, though.
While there might not be a huge rush for a decision thanks to the lockout, this would also be a great chance for Davidson to ease into a role for a team that clearly needs a makeover (despite his kind words).
That’s especially true if he decided to bring in new front office members or make other significant changes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5