Oct 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
John Davidson gave the impression he was generally impressed after what he called a “whirlwind” weekend getting acquainted with the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise.
Here’s what he told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline after returning to St. Louis:
“It was a good weekend,” Davidson said. “My wife and I were treated very well. All first class. No decisions yet, as this has been a whirlwind. This will be an important decision for myself, my family and for the Blue Jackets. They have a great set-up there, and we were very impressed with the city.”
Portzline reports that Davidson wouldn’t say if he was offered a contract.
That would be a reasonable assumption if the report that the franchise is offering him “complete autonomy” with the way he would run the team is true, though.
While there might not be a huge rush for a decision thanks to the lockout, this would also be a great chance for Davidson to ease into a role for a team that clearly needs a makeover (despite his kind words).
That’s especially true if he decided to bring in new front office members or make other significant changes.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)