Oct 14, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
Cory Conacher – five points (2 G, 3A) in two games
Sven Baertschi – four points (2 G, 2A) in two games
Nino Niederreiter – four points (2 G, 2A) in two games
Thomas Pock – four points (1G, 3A) in three games
Conacher also had six penalty minutes, so he was all-around busy. In case you’re wondering, Conacher is an undersized, undrafted prospect in the Tampa Bay Lightning organization.
Brayden Schenn (highlight-reel goal included), Brock Nelson and James Sheppard are some of the most interesting skaters weighing in at three points. T.J. Brodie, Travis Hamonic and Jake Muzzin are among the blueliner points leaders tied at three points (all assists) in two contests.
Plenty of goalies are putting up nice numbers so far, but let’s focus on some of the bigger-name prospects.
- Eddie Lack hopes to back up Corey Schneider if Roberto Luongo ever actually gets traded. He’s among four netminders who pitched a shutout this weekend.
- Calvin Pickard had a busy two games, stopping 69 out of 72 shots to lead the weekend in saves. His one win was a shutout.
- Kevin Poulin went 2-0, but his numbers (3.01 GAA, .903 save percentage) leave something to be desired.
- OK, he’s not a prospect, but Curtis McElhinney might remain NHL-relevant if he can stay hot. He went 2-0 with a .964 save percentage, one shutout and a 1.00 GAA in two games.
Anyway, that’s a quick look at what’s going on in what is likely the most competitive active North American hockey league.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)