Oct 13, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
While the NHL and NHLPA take the weekend off to think about the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Chicago’s Duncan Keith is sounding off.
The Blackhawks defenseman spoke with CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers and sounded a lot like a fan of the game in sharing his thoughts on the lockout.
“It’s just embarrassing for everybody,” said Keith. “There’s a lot of talk for the fans. They’re the ones who don’t have a voice and aren’t being heard in these negotiations. It’s tough on them, but it’s frustrating for players.”
We’re at the point in the lockout where winning a PR battle doesn’t make any sense. Regular season games are being lost and neither side is trying to compromise. Keith calling the situation “embarrassing” is as blunt as anyone has been about the situation. Sadly for everyone involved, he’s pretty much spot on.
As for whether he’s heading to Europe like many other players have done (over 130 at this point), he says he’s not thinking about doing that just yet.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)