Oct 13, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
While the NHL and NHLPA take the weekend off to think about the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Chicago’s Duncan Keith is sounding off.
The Blackhawks defenseman spoke with CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers and sounded a lot like a fan of the game in sharing his thoughts on the lockout.
“It’s just embarrassing for everybody,” said Keith. “There’s a lot of talk for the fans. They’re the ones who don’t have a voice and aren’t being heard in these negotiations. It’s tough on them, but it’s frustrating for players.”
We’re at the point in the lockout where winning a PR battle doesn’t make any sense. Regular season games are being lost and neither side is trying to compromise. Keith calling the situation “embarrassing” is as blunt as anyone has been about the situation. Sadly for everyone involved, he’s pretty much spot on.
As for whether he’s heading to Europe like many other players have done (over 130 at this point), he says he’s not thinking about doing that just yet.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)