Oct 13, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
While the NHL and NHLPA take the weekend off to think about the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Chicago’s Duncan Keith is sounding off.
The Blackhawks defenseman spoke with CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers and sounded a lot like a fan of the game in sharing his thoughts on the lockout.
“It’s just embarrassing for everybody,” said Keith. “There’s a lot of talk for the fans. They’re the ones who don’t have a voice and aren’t being heard in these negotiations. It’s tough on them, but it’s frustrating for players.”
We’re at the point in the lockout where winning a PR battle doesn’t make any sense. Regular season games are being lost and neither side is trying to compromise. Keith calling the situation “embarrassing” is as blunt as anyone has been about the situation. Sadly for everyone involved, he’s pretty much spot on.
As for whether he’s heading to Europe like many other players have done (over 130 at this point), he says he’s not thinking about doing that just yet.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)