Oct 12, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and Columbus Blue Jackets are telling players that have been assigned to the AHL during the NHL lockout to secure housing for the entire season.
This according to the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts, who calls it a sign New Jersey and Columbus management believe the NHL’s work stoppage could cost the entire 2012-13 schedule.
Among the players told to secure housing were Devils defenceman Adam Larsson and forwards Jacob Josefson, Adam Henrique and Mattias Tedenby, who all played in the NHL last season. The four players, who are still on NHL entry-level contracts and thus qualify to play in the AHL, are with the Albany Devils.
The roster of the Blue Jackets’ AHL farm team, the Springfield Falcons, includes forwards Ryan Johansen, Cody Bass, Cam Atkinson and Ryan Russell and defencemen Cody Goloubef, John Moore and David Savard, who all spent significant time in the NHL with the Blue Jackets last season.
Not that this is anywhere close to definitive proof the entire NHL season will be cancelled. We’re pretty sure there are month-to-month rentals in Albany and Springfield. Perhaps players are just being advised to move into something a little more permanent than the local Howard Johnson.
Still, the fact they’re being told to prepare for the possibility is somewhat disconcerting. (Though most of us were fairly disconcerted already.)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)