Oct 12, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
It appears the players are getting stir crazy.
With the lockout nearing the 30-day mark, some NHLers are becoming a little too comfortable — and therefore, uncomfortable — with the prospect of having nothing to do.
“It feels like we should have been playing a long time ago. Everything is going by slow. It’s hard to believe it’s the middle of October. It’s strange. I’ve found myself watching lots of baseball, which I don’t normally do. That’s all there is to do right now, watch baseball playoffs.
“That’s pretty upsetting when you’re supposed to be playing and you’re sitting at home.”
“We just want to be playing hockey. As fun as it is to sit on the couch all day at home and do nothing, it starts getting boring after a while.”
“It’s definitely weird to not be in training camp right now. For me, it’s been a little bit too long for my liking not to be playing in the N.H.L.
“You get a little bored sometimes.”
Of the three, only Evander Kane has found work, signing with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL. (Where he reportedly showed up out of shape, drew the ire of his head coach, then watched his head coach get fired today — not so boring now!)
For Little and Patrick Kane, the goal will be to stave off further boredom and avoid the “nothin’ else to do, might as well eat” trap that ensnared Keith Tkachuk during the last lockout.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 8
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)