Oct 12, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
It appears the players are getting stir crazy.
With the lockout nearing the 30-day mark, some NHLers are becoming a little too comfortable — and therefore, uncomfortable — with the prospect of having nothing to do.
“It feels like we should have been playing a long time ago. Everything is going by slow. It’s hard to believe it’s the middle of October. It’s strange. I’ve found myself watching lots of baseball, which I don’t normally do. That’s all there is to do right now, watch baseball playoffs.
“That’s pretty upsetting when you’re supposed to be playing and you’re sitting at home.”
“We just want to be playing hockey. As fun as it is to sit on the couch all day at home and do nothing, it starts getting boring after a while.”
“It’s definitely weird to not be in training camp right now. For me, it’s been a little bit too long for my liking not to be playing in the N.H.L.
“You get a little bored sometimes.”
Of the three, only Evander Kane has found work, signing with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL. (Where he reportedly showed up out of shape, drew the ire of his head coach, then watched his head coach get fired today — not so boring now!)
For Little and Patrick Kane, the goal will be to stave off further boredom and avoid the “nothin’ else to do, might as well eat” trap that ensnared Keith Tkachuk during the last lockout.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)