Oct 12, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
It appears the players are getting stir crazy.
With the lockout nearing the 30-day mark, some NHLers are becoming a little too comfortable — and therefore, uncomfortable — with the prospect of having nothing to do.
“It feels like we should have been playing a long time ago. Everything is going by slow. It’s hard to believe it’s the middle of October. It’s strange. I’ve found myself watching lots of baseball, which I don’t normally do. That’s all there is to do right now, watch baseball playoffs.
“That’s pretty upsetting when you’re supposed to be playing and you’re sitting at home.”
“We just want to be playing hockey. As fun as it is to sit on the couch all day at home and do nothing, it starts getting boring after a while.”
“It’s definitely weird to not be in training camp right now. For me, it’s been a little bit too long for my liking not to be playing in the N.H.L.
“You get a little bored sometimes.”
Of the three, only Evander Kane has found work, signing with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL. (Where he reportedly showed up out of shape, drew the ire of his head coach, then watched his head coach get fired today — not so boring now!)
For Little and Patrick Kane, the goal will be to stave off further boredom and avoid the “nothin’ else to do, might as well eat” trap that ensnared Keith Tkachuk during the last lockout.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)