Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
To little surprise, fans are expressing their lockout-related rage on various forums with opening night officially beyond saving.
One interesting venue is TSN’s main NHL page.
The network put up a simple poll asking if fans will return to NHL hockey once the work stoppage runs its course. While the majority said “Yes,” a stunning 44.4 percent of the 30,807 voters said they wouldn’t.
As people like Aaron Portzline point out, it’s unlikely that such a large segment of the potential NHL audience will truly be lost. Still, it gives Bill Daly & Co. good reason to worry about how much momentum could be lost.
#NHLJets J Slater: “We were at a bar one night and guys are yelling, ‘You guys should be playing hockey and not drinking.'" Fans get'g angry—
Paul Friesen (@friesensunmedia) October 11, 2012
Slater admits he understands how fans are feeling.
“They’re mad at both sides. If I was a fan, I would be, too,” Slater said.
It looks like there’s a lot of angry fans, at that.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5