Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
To little surprise, fans are expressing their lockout-related rage on various forums with opening night officially beyond saving.
One interesting venue is TSN’s main NHL page.
The network put up a simple poll asking if fans will return to NHL hockey once the work stoppage runs its course. While the majority said “Yes,” a stunning 44.4 percent of the 30,807 voters said they wouldn’t.
As people like Aaron Portzline point out, it’s unlikely that such a large segment of the potential NHL audience will truly be lost. Still, it gives Bill Daly & Co. good reason to worry about how much momentum could be lost.
#NHLJets J Slater: “We were at a bar one night and guys are yelling, ‘You guys should be playing hockey and not drinking.'" Fans get'g angry—
Paul Friesen (@friesensunmedia) October 11, 2012
Slater admits he understands how fans are feeling.
“They’re mad at both sides. If I was a fan, I would be, too,” Slater said.
It looks like there’s a lot of angry fans, at that.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 28
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 50
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)