Oct 11, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
If you were expecting something uplifting on the night when the regular season was supposed to begin, you’re out of luck.
Instead, Fehr told Renaud P. Lavoie how easily a new deal could come together if that whole “money” thing wasn’t a problem.
“We can resolve all the other issues in 6 hours if we got a deal on the major issues,” Fehr said.
That would be a promising comment if it weren’t for the fact that there’s no sign either side will budge on pivotal economic issues.
At this point, both the NHL and NHLPA are claiming that the other side isn’t willing to compromise on the latest proposals and counter-proposals.
There aren’t any additional meetings planned either, so instead, the two sides seem satisfied playing PR volley ball.
(Or Ping Pong.)
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)