Oct 11, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
If you were expecting something uplifting on the night when the regular season was supposed to begin, you’re out of luck.
Instead, Fehr told Renaud P. Lavoie how easily a new deal could come together if that whole “money” thing wasn’t a problem.
“We can resolve all the other issues in 6 hours if we got a deal on the major issues,” Fehr said.
That would be a promising comment if it weren’t for the fact that there’s no sign either side will budge on pivotal economic issues.
At this point, both the NHL and NHLPA are claiming that the other side isn’t willing to compromise on the latest proposals and counter-proposals.
There aren’t any additional meetings planned either, so instead, the two sides seem satisfied playing PR volley ball.
(Or Ping Pong.)
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)