Oct 11, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
If you were expecting something uplifting on the night when the regular season was supposed to begin, you’re out of luck.
Instead, Fehr told Renaud P. Lavoie how easily a new deal could come together if that whole “money” thing wasn’t a problem.
“We can resolve all the other issues in 6 hours if we got a deal on the major issues,” Fehr said.
That would be a promising comment if it weren’t for the fact that there’s no sign either side will budge on pivotal economic issues.
At this point, both the NHL and NHLPA are claiming that the other side isn’t willing to compromise on the latest proposals and counter-proposals.
There aren’t any additional meetings planned either, so instead, the two sides seem satisfied playing PR volley ball.
(Or Ping Pong.)
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)