Oct 11, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
If you were expecting something uplifting on the night when the regular season was supposed to begin, you’re out of luck.
Instead, Fehr told Renaud P. Lavoie how easily a new deal could come together if that whole “money” thing wasn’t a problem.
“We can resolve all the other issues in 6 hours if we got a deal on the major issues,” Fehr said.
That would be a promising comment if it weren’t for the fact that there’s no sign either side will budge on pivotal economic issues.
At this point, both the NHL and NHLPA are claiming that the other side isn’t willing to compromise on the latest proposals and counter-proposals.
There aren’t any additional meetings planned either, so instead, the two sides seem satisfied playing PR volley ball.
(Or Ping Pong.)
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27