Oct 11, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
If you were expecting something uplifting on the night when the regular season was supposed to begin, you’re out of luck.
Instead, Fehr told Renaud P. Lavoie how easily a new deal could come together if that whole “money” thing wasn’t a problem.
“We can resolve all the other issues in 6 hours if we got a deal on the major issues,” Fehr said.
That would be a promising comment if it weren’t for the fact that there’s no sign either side will budge on pivotal economic issues.
At this point, both the NHL and NHLPA are claiming that the other side isn’t willing to compromise on the latest proposals and counter-proposals.
There aren’t any additional meetings planned either, so instead, the two sides seem satisfied playing PR volley ball.
(Or Ping Pong.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7