Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
After an unproductive day of meetings on what was scheduled to be the the regular season opener, NHL exec Bill Daly provided the league’s perspective.
First, he told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that the NHL hasn’t rolled out a new proposal because the NHLPA hasn’t “shown a willingness to compromise” on its initial proposal.
Daly provided another familiar refrain to Rosen on the perceived lack of urgency:
“Until we’re tackling the main issues I’m not sure what the urgency is to meet on a 24/7 basis,” Daly said.
For some, his quote to Sportsnet.ca’s Michael Grange might sting the most.
“It’s a disappointment, I thought we would have been dropping the puck by now,” Daly said.
With little in the way of progress, Daly seemed to pass some blame to the NHLPA for stalling, at least according to this quote he gave ESPN’s Katie Strang.
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June—
Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN) October 11, 2012
Stay tuned for the equally dispiriting NHLPA response.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)