Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
After an unproductive day of meetings on what was scheduled to be the the regular season opener, NHL exec Bill Daly provided the league’s perspective.
First, he told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that the NHL hasn’t rolled out a new proposal because the NHLPA hasn’t “shown a willingness to compromise” on its initial proposal.
Daly provided another familiar refrain to Rosen on the perceived lack of urgency:
“Until we’re tackling the main issues I’m not sure what the urgency is to meet on a 24/7 basis,” Daly said.
For some, his quote to Sportsnet.ca’s Michael Grange might sting the most.
“It’s a disappointment, I thought we would have been dropping the puck by now,” Daly said.
With little in the way of progress, Daly seemed to pass some blame to the NHLPA for stalling, at least according to this quote he gave ESPN’s Katie Strang.
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June—
Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN) October 11, 2012
Stay tuned for the equally dispiriting NHLPA response.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)