Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
After an unproductive day of meetings on what was scheduled to be the the regular season opener, NHL exec Bill Daly provided the league’s perspective.
First, he told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that the NHL hasn’t rolled out a new proposal because the NHLPA hasn’t “shown a willingness to compromise” on its initial proposal.
Daly provided another familiar refrain to Rosen on the perceived lack of urgency:
“Until we’re tackling the main issues I’m not sure what the urgency is to meet on a 24/7 basis,” Daly said.
For some, his quote to Sportsnet.ca’s Michael Grange might sting the most.
“It’s a disappointment, I thought we would have been dropping the puck by now,” Daly said.
With little in the way of progress, Daly seemed to pass some blame to the NHLPA for stalling, at least according to this quote he gave ESPN’s Katie Strang.
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June—
Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN) October 11, 2012
Stay tuned for the equally dispiriting NHLPA response.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)