Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
After an unproductive day of meetings on what was scheduled to be the the regular season opener, NHL exec Bill Daly provided the league’s perspective.
First, he told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that the NHL hasn’t rolled out a new proposal because the NHLPA hasn’t “shown a willingness to compromise” on its initial proposal.
Daly provided another familiar refrain to Rosen on the perceived lack of urgency:
“Until we’re tackling the main issues I’m not sure what the urgency is to meet on a 24/7 basis,” Daly said.
For some, his quote to Sportsnet.ca’s Michael Grange might sting the most.
“It’s a disappointment, I thought we would have been dropping the puck by now,” Daly said.
With little in the way of progress, Daly seemed to pass some blame to the NHLPA for stalling, at least according to this quote he gave ESPN’s Katie Strang.
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June—
Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN) October 11, 2012
Stay tuned for the equally dispiriting NHLPA response.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 30
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 15
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 30
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 103
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (103)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement