Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
After an unproductive day of meetings on what was scheduled to be the the regular season opener, NHL exec Bill Daly provided the league’s perspective.
First, he told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that the NHL hasn’t rolled out a new proposal because the NHLPA hasn’t “shown a willingness to compromise” on its initial proposal.
Daly provided another familiar refrain to Rosen on the perceived lack of urgency:
“Until we’re tackling the main issues I’m not sure what the urgency is to meet on a 24/7 basis,” Daly said.
For some, his quote to Sportsnet.ca’s Michael Grange might sting the most.
“It’s a disappointment, I thought we would have been dropping the puck by now,” Daly said.
With little in the way of progress, Daly seemed to pass some blame to the NHLPA for stalling, at least according to this quote he gave ESPN’s Katie Strang.
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June—
Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN) October 11, 2012
Stay tuned for the equally dispiriting NHLPA response.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)