Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson told The Ottawa Citizen that he’s “past being frustrated” about a lockout that might just prematurely end his NHL career.
“Like everybody else, I’m disappointed that the owners chose to have this tactic from the very beginning,” Alfredsson said. “They chose to give a low-ball offer from the get-go. It was kind of clear what they wanted and I don’t see anything changing anytime soon.”
His comments fall in line with Wednesday’s unproductive meetings, along with the fact that his Ottawa Senators would have started their regular season tonight under normal circumstances.
Alfredsson sounded optimistic about playing again despite a lockout about a month ago, but his most recent comments were a little more cryptic.
“If nothing happens, I could have played my last game. That’s fine with me,” Alfredsson said. “I’m not going to try and push here. I want a deal that’s fair. And if that means we’re not going to play because the owners don’t want to negotiate fairly with us, then so be it and that’s the way it is. Do I want to play? I love to play. I’m having a blast when I’m out there.”
In the mean time, he’s focusing on off-the-ice training and spending time with his family.
He told The Ottawa Citizen that he hasn’t made a decision if he’d play overseas in the event that the entire season is canceled.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)