Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson told The Ottawa Citizen that he’s “past being frustrated” about a lockout that might just prematurely end his NHL career.
“Like everybody else, I’m disappointed that the owners chose to have this tactic from the very beginning,” Alfredsson said. “They chose to give a low-ball offer from the get-go. It was kind of clear what they wanted and I don’t see anything changing anytime soon.”
His comments fall in line with Wednesday’s unproductive meetings, along with the fact that his Ottawa Senators would have started their regular season tonight under normal circumstances.
Alfredsson sounded optimistic about playing again despite a lockout about a month ago, but his most recent comments were a little more cryptic.
“If nothing happens, I could have played my last game. That’s fine with me,” Alfredsson said. “I’m not going to try and push here. I want a deal that’s fair. And if that means we’re not going to play because the owners don’t want to negotiate fairly with us, then so be it and that’s the way it is. Do I want to play? I love to play. I’m having a blast when I’m out there.”
In the mean time, he’s focusing on off-the-ice training and spending time with his family.
He told The Ottawa Citizen that he hasn’t made a decision if he’d play overseas in the event that the entire season is canceled.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)