Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson told The Ottawa Citizen that he’s “past being frustrated” about a lockout that might just prematurely end his NHL career.
“Like everybody else, I’m disappointed that the owners chose to have this tactic from the very beginning,” Alfredsson said. “They chose to give a low-ball offer from the get-go. It was kind of clear what they wanted and I don’t see anything changing anytime soon.”
His comments fall in line with Wednesday’s unproductive meetings, along with the fact that his Ottawa Senators would have started their regular season tonight under normal circumstances.
Alfredsson sounded optimistic about playing again despite a lockout about a month ago, but his most recent comments were a little more cryptic.
“If nothing happens, I could have played my last game. That’s fine with me,” Alfredsson said. “I’m not going to try and push here. I want a deal that’s fair. And if that means we’re not going to play because the owners don’t want to negotiate fairly with us, then so be it and that’s the way it is. Do I want to play? I love to play. I’m having a blast when I’m out there.”
In the mean time, he’s focusing on off-the-ice training and spending time with his family.
He told The Ottawa Citizen that he hasn’t made a decision if he’d play overseas in the event that the entire season is canceled.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)