Oct 10, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Another day, another poll asking Canadians about the NHL lockout.
This latest poll, conducted by Ipsos Reid, asked Canadian hockey fans how they plan to spend the time they would’ve spent watching the NHL on Saturday night.
Given a list of activities, more than one-third (35%) will fill their hockey-watching time by spending more time with friends and family. Three in ten (30%) will replace time spent watching hockey by watching other sports, while two in ten (17%) will exercise or play other sports. Others will go to the movies (14%), get more sleep (13%), or even cry because there is no hockey (3%).
Personally we like the “get more sleep” option. You can never go wrong with more sleep. Plus, it’s sort of like watching the Calgary Flames anyway.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)