Oct 10, 2012, 4:42 PM EST
Hall, 30, has spent the last two seasons with the Bolts and recently signed a one-year, $650,000 deal with the club for the 2012-13 season.
Upper body injuries limited Hall to just 57 games last season but, in 2010-11, he was a key contributor to the Lighting team that was a game away from the Stanley Cup finals, appearing in all 82 regular season contests and scoring five points in 18 playoff games.
A solid checking forward that’s represented the U.S. at five World Hockey Championships, Hall has experience playing overseas — during the last lockout, he suited up for Finnish league team KalPa and racked up 40 points in 32 games.
That impressive performance led to his best NHL season in 2005-06, when he posted 14G-15A-29PTS for the Predators.
With the move to Ravensburg, Hall becomes the latest in a steady stream of NHLers inking in the German second division, joining the likes of Rick DiPietro, Matt D’Agostini, T.J. Galiardi, Chris Stewart and Wayne Simmonds.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)