Oct 10, 2012, 7:48 PM EST
Despite making little (if any) progress in today’s meetings, Bill Daly gave ESPN’s Katie Strang the heartening news that the NHLPA might be cooking up a new proposal.
Not surprisingly, Daly told Strang that the NHL “urged them to make it.”
There were reports circulating that the players association was putting something together last week, yet hearing it from Daly makes that idea much more credible.
While an earlier report indicates that economic concerns were at least broached on Wednesday, Daly confirmed to Strang that very little progress was actually made.
Daly also updated Strang with an estimate on lock-out related losses; counting canceled preseason and regular season contests, Daly said the NHL missed out on about $240 million.
No word on when the two sides will discuss the money-losing lockout again just yet.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)