Oct 10, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe put up a strong front while discussing the players’ side of the lockout with ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
“Players are on the same page,” Clowe said. “No one’s cracking. We’re informed and updated and guys have a good understanding of what’s going on.”
“We’re hockey players … We’re not going to get pushed around.”
The escrow issue resonated with Clowe, in particular.
” … Contracts have been signed, both the owners and the players have signed these contracts. Now they’re trying to take whatever percentage off the top?,” Clowe said. “It’s all about principle. It’s a handshake and an agreement. Why did all these owners rush to sign all these players before the lockout?”
“I’m sure there are owners that want to be playing now and probably like our last proposal,” Clowe said. “Obviously Gary has done a good job keeping the reins tight. But I can’t believe how the owners are kept on the back burner like that.”
Read the full story for Clowe’s thoughts on going overseas and his expanded lockout opinions.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35