Oct 10, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe put up a strong front while discussing the players’ side of the lockout with ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
“Players are on the same page,” Clowe said. “No one’s cracking. We’re informed and updated and guys have a good understanding of what’s going on.”
“We’re hockey players … We’re not going to get pushed around.”
The escrow issue resonated with Clowe, in particular.
” … Contracts have been signed, both the owners and the players have signed these contracts. Now they’re trying to take whatever percentage off the top?,” Clowe said. “It’s all about principle. It’s a handshake and an agreement. Why did all these owners rush to sign all these players before the lockout?”
“I’m sure there are owners that want to be playing now and probably like our last proposal,” Clowe said. “Obviously Gary has done a good job keeping the reins tight. But I can’t believe how the owners are kept on the back burner like that.”
Read the full story for Clowe’s thoughts on going overseas and his expanded lockout opinions.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)