Oct 10, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe put up a strong front while discussing the players’ side of the lockout with ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
“Players are on the same page,” Clowe said. “No one’s cracking. We’re informed and updated and guys have a good understanding of what’s going on.”
“We’re hockey players … We’re not going to get pushed around.”
The escrow issue resonated with Clowe, in particular.
” … Contracts have been signed, both the owners and the players have signed these contracts. Now they’re trying to take whatever percentage off the top?,” Clowe said. “It’s all about principle. It’s a handshake and an agreement. Why did all these owners rush to sign all these players before the lockout?”
“I’m sure there are owners that want to be playing now and probably like our last proposal,” Clowe said. “Obviously Gary has done a good job keeping the reins tight. But I can’t believe how the owners are kept on the back burner like that.”
Read the full story for Clowe’s thoughts on going overseas and his expanded lockout opinions.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)