Oct 10, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe put up a strong front while discussing the players’ side of the lockout with ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
“Players are on the same page,” Clowe said. “No one’s cracking. We’re informed and updated and guys have a good understanding of what’s going on.”
“We’re hockey players … We’re not going to get pushed around.”
The escrow issue resonated with Clowe, in particular.
” … Contracts have been signed, both the owners and the players have signed these contracts. Now they’re trying to take whatever percentage off the top?,” Clowe said. “It’s all about principle. It’s a handshake and an agreement. Why did all these owners rush to sign all these players before the lockout?”
“I’m sure there are owners that want to be playing now and probably like our last proposal,” Clowe said. “Obviously Gary has done a good job keeping the reins tight. But I can’t believe how the owners are kept on the back burner like that.”
Read the full story for Clowe’s thoughts on going overseas and his expanded lockout opinions.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)