Oct 10, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
Don Cherry has a message for locked-out NHL players, and he sent it today via Twitter (@CoachsCornerCBC).
According to Grapes, NHLers should “quit tweeting and talking to the media about how bad [Gary] Bettman and the owners are” since it’s only going to upset the owners and make them “more determined” to get what they want in the CBA negotiations.
The NHLPA has launched a concerted PR campaign against the NHL during the lockout, with players using whatever outlets they can – whether it’s the mainstream media or social media – to tell their side of the story.
On a number of occasions, the players have taken direct aim at the commissioner.
Just wanted to send out big congrats to gray bettman on his 3rd consecutive work stoppage. Impressive stats for someone w no athletic skill—
John-Michael Liles (@hoosierjm26) September 16, 2012
Whether Cherry is right and Bettman and the owners will use the players’ barbs as bulletin-board material is up for debate. But for fans, the rhetoric from each side has gotten very old. By now, everyone knows the issues. All they want to hear is that a deal is done.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)