Oct 10, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Don Cherry has a message for locked-out NHL players, and he sent it today via Twitter (@CoachsCornerCBC).
According to Grapes, NHLers should “quit tweeting and talking to the media about how bad [Gary] Bettman and the owners are” since it’s only going to upset the owners and make them “more determined” to get what they want in the CBA negotiations.
The NHLPA has launched a concerted PR campaign against the NHL during the lockout, with players using whatever outlets they can – whether it’s the mainstream media or social media – to tell their side of the story.
On a number of occasions, the players have taken direct aim at the commissioner.
Just wanted to send out big congrats to gray bettman on his 3rd consecutive work stoppage. Impressive stats for someone w no athletic skill—
John-Michael Liles (@hoosierjm26) September 16, 2012
Whether Cherry is right and Bettman and the owners will use the players’ barbs as bulletin-board material is up for debate. But for fans, the rhetoric from each side has gotten very old. By now, everyone knows the issues. All they want to hear is that a deal is done.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 3
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)