Oct 10, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Don Cherry has a message for locked-out NHL players, and he sent it today via Twitter (@CoachsCornerCBC).
According to Grapes, NHLers should “quit tweeting and talking to the media about how bad [Gary] Bettman and the owners are” since it’s only going to upset the owners and make them “more determined” to get what they want in the CBA negotiations.
The NHLPA has launched a concerted PR campaign against the NHL during the lockout, with players using whatever outlets they can – whether it’s the mainstream media or social media – to tell their side of the story.
On a number of occasions, the players have taken direct aim at the commissioner.
Just wanted to send out big congrats to gray bettman on his 3rd consecutive work stoppage. Impressive stats for someone w no athletic skill—
John-Michael Liles (@hoosierjm26) September 16, 2012
Whether Cherry is right and Bettman and the owners will use the players’ barbs as bulletin-board material is up for debate. But for fans, the rhetoric from each side has gotten very old. By now, everyone knows the issues. All they want to hear is that a deal is done.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 72
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)