Oct 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Star NHL players aren’t the only ones spending their locked-out time overseas. Here’s a small collection of the guys who made their decisions (or had their decisions made for them) lately.
- Part-time Philadelphia Flyers ruffian Tom Sestito announced that he’s going to hurt people in an unusual hockey locale. Sestito announced that he signed with the Sheffield Steelers in England’s Elite Ice Hockey League via his Twitter page.
- New York Islanders defenseman Milan Jurcina will join Pirati Chomutov of the Czech Extraliga, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
- Tomas Tatar’s short time in Slovakia looks like it’s come to an end; the Detroit Red Wings called him back to the AHL to play for the Grand Rapids Griffins. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32