Oct 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Star NHL players aren’t the only ones spending their locked-out time overseas. Here’s a small collection of the guys who made their decisions (or had their decisions made for them) lately.
- Part-time Philadelphia Flyers ruffian Tom Sestito announced that he’s going to hurt people in an unusual hockey locale. Sestito announced that he signed with the Sheffield Steelers in England’s Elite Ice Hockey League via his Twitter page.
- New York Islanders defenseman Milan Jurcina will join Pirati Chomutov of the Czech Extraliga, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
- Tomas Tatar’s short time in Slovakia looks like it’s come to an end; the Detroit Red Wings called him back to the AHL to play for the Grand Rapids Griffins. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)