Oct 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Star NHL players aren’t the only ones spending their locked-out time overseas. Here’s a small collection of the guys who made their decisions (or had their decisions made for them) lately.
- Part-time Philadelphia Flyers ruffian Tom Sestito announced that he’s going to hurt people in an unusual hockey locale. Sestito announced that he signed with the Sheffield Steelers in England’s Elite Ice Hockey League via his Twitter page.
- New York Islanders defenseman Milan Jurcina will join Pirati Chomutov of the Czech Extraliga, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
- Tomas Tatar’s short time in Slovakia looks like it’s come to an end; the Detroit Red Wings called him back to the AHL to play for the Grand Rapids Griffins. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)