Oct 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Star NHL players aren’t the only ones spending their locked-out time overseas. Here’s a small collection of the guys who made their decisions (or had their decisions made for them) lately.
- Part-time Philadelphia Flyers ruffian Tom Sestito announced that he’s going to hurt people in an unusual hockey locale. Sestito announced that he signed with the Sheffield Steelers in England’s Elite Ice Hockey League via his Twitter page.
- New York Islanders defenseman Milan Jurcina will join Pirati Chomutov of the Czech Extraliga, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
- Tomas Tatar’s short time in Slovakia looks like it’s come to an end; the Detroit Red Wings called him back to the AHL to play for the Grand Rapids Griffins. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 0
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)