Oct 9, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
An anonymous poll suggests Gary Bettman would lose in a landslide if NHL players voted for the commissioner.
The poll, conducted by ESPN, illustrates what’s believed to be one of the main roadblocks to reaching a new CBA – the players really don’t like the guy on the other side of the bargaining table.
Such is the level of animosity that all 13 NHLers polled said they’d vote for “someone else” over Bettman.
In stark contrast, 57.9 percent of the 22 MLB players ESPN polled said they’d re-elect Bud Selig as commissioner. (Not coincidentally, there’s no salary cap in baseball and there hasn’t been a work stoppage since the 1994-95 strike that cancelled the World Series.)
Players from all four major leagues participated in the poll, offering their opinions on everything from the upcoming United States presidential election to the legalization of gay marriage.
And since we all know what happens in the comments section when we mention politics in a post, we’ll let you peruse the other results yourself.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 0
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 13
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)