Oct 9, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
An anonymous poll suggests Gary Bettman would lose in a landslide if NHL players voted for the commissioner.
The poll, conducted by ESPN, illustrates what’s believed to be one of the main roadblocks to reaching a new CBA – the players really don’t like the guy on the other side of the bargaining table.
Such is the level of animosity that all 13 NHLers polled said they’d vote for “someone else” over Bettman.
In stark contrast, 57.9 percent of the 22 MLB players ESPN polled said they’d re-elect Bud Selig as commissioner. (Not coincidentally, there’s no salary cap in baseball and there hasn’t been a work stoppage since the 1994-95 strike that cancelled the World Series.)
Players from all four major leagues participated in the poll, offering their opinions on everything from the upcoming United States presidential election to the legalization of gay marriage.
And since we all know what happens in the comments section when we mention politics in a post, we’ll let you peruse the other results yourself.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)