Oct 9, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
An anonymous poll suggests Gary Bettman would lose in a landslide if NHL players voted for the commissioner.
The poll, conducted by ESPN, illustrates what’s believed to be one of the main roadblocks to reaching a new CBA – the players really don’t like the guy on the other side of the bargaining table.
Such is the level of animosity that all 13 NHLers polled said they’d vote for “someone else” over Bettman.
In stark contrast, 57.9 percent of the 22 MLB players ESPN polled said they’d re-elect Bud Selig as commissioner. (Not coincidentally, there’s no salary cap in baseball and there hasn’t been a work stoppage since the 1994-95 strike that cancelled the World Series.)
Players from all four major leagues participated in the poll, offering their opinions on everything from the upcoming United States presidential election to the legalization of gay marriage.
And since we all know what happens in the comments section when we mention politics in a post, we’ll let you peruse the other results yourself.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 48
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 15
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (48)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)