Oct 9, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHLPA says it will “honor its commitment to hockey fans in Stirling-Rawdon, Ontario, and will proudly participate in the Stirling Minor Hockey NHLPA Day on Saturday, October 13, 2012.”
An exhibition game between Toronto and Columbus was originally scheduled for Oct. 3 in nearby Belleville after Stirling-Rawdon was named the winner of Kraft Hockeyville 2012.
“Towns like Stirling-Rawdon are the heart and soul of our game and as players we wanted to honor our commitment by supporting local hockey and fans in this community,” said Los Angeles forward Brad Richardson in an NHLPA release. “Even though we are currently locked-out, we know that hockey lives on in small communities like this one, and we look forward to what will be a very fun day in Stirling-Rawdon on October 13th.”
So good news for the 2,000 residents of Stirling-Rawdon.
And for the NHLPA, yet another PR jab at the NHL.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)