Oct 9, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
The NHLPA says it will “honor its commitment to hockey fans in Stirling-Rawdon, Ontario, and will proudly participate in the Stirling Minor Hockey NHLPA Day on Saturday, October 13, 2012.”
An exhibition game between Toronto and Columbus was originally scheduled for Oct. 3 in nearby Belleville after Stirling-Rawdon was named the winner of Kraft Hockeyville 2012.
“Towns like Stirling-Rawdon are the heart and soul of our game and as players we wanted to honor our commitment by supporting local hockey and fans in this community,” said Los Angeles forward Brad Richardson in an NHLPA release. “Even though we are currently locked-out, we know that hockey lives on in small communities like this one, and we look forward to what will be a very fun day in Stirling-Rawdon on October 13th.”
So good news for the 2,000 residents of Stirling-Rawdon.
And for the NHLPA, yet another PR jab at the NHL.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)