Oct 9, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The move reunites MacDonald with former Isles teammate Dustin Kohn. The two manned New York’s blueline together during the 2009-10 season before Kohn left North America in 2011.
MacDonald, 26, appeared in a career-high 75 games with the Islanders last season. Originally a sixth-round pick in 2006, he made his mark with the club during 2010-11, when he led all New York defensemen in scoring (4GG-23A-27PTS) despite appearing in just 60 games.
One of the NHL’s best bargains, McDonald still has two seasons remaining on the four-year, $2.2 million deal signed with the Isles in 2010.
He’ll bolster a Karlovy team that’s light on NHL talent and currently sitting 10th in the 14-team league.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)