Oct 9, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Elite Ice Hockey League continues to reap lockout rewards.
“I am excited to be on my way over,” Beleskey told the team website. “I had been trying to find my way overseas to play and luckily enough a friend of my dad’s was able to put me in contact with Coventry.
“I was excited about the opportunity and very happy it’s worked out.”
Beleskey, 24, has spent his entire professional career in the Anaheim organization, appearing in a career-high 70 games last season and posting a career-high 11 assists. The former Belleville Bulls standout is in the final season of a two-year, $1.475 million deal signed with the Ducks in 2011.
In Coventry, he’ll play alongside another guy with NHL experience. Former Canucks winger Brad Leeb made the jump to the EIHL this season after spending five years in the German league, and already has 11 points through nine games.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)