Oct 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Weeks after the NHL and NHLPA made their respective cases, the Alberta Labour Relations Board is expected to determine if the current lockout is legal in Alberta on Wednesday, according to the Edmonton Sun.
The NHLPA is hoping the board will stop the lockout in the province because they feel Alberta’s laws regarding a lockout weren’t met by the NHL. The league argued that ultimately all players belong to the same union and the vast majority of the players in the NHLPA are employed by non-Albertan teams.
The NHL will reportedly appeal the ruling if the relations board’s ruling favors the NHLPA.
Meanwhile, the union and league are also expected to resume their CBA negotiations tomorrow, although the major economic issues won’t be part of the talks.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 8
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 6
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 50
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 48
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte