Oct 8, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
City and county councils are expected to vote on the Seattle arena plan next Monday (Oct. 15), King 5 News reports.
To be exact, the dual voting will cover the city of Seattle and King County. The two voting sessions are expected to take place a half hour apart next week.
While it’s possible that an NHL team might inhabit that possible arena in the future, the people behind the arena movement have made it clear that their main goal is to attract an NBA franchise.
In fact, they said that they don’t have a plan that would include an NHL team as the lone tenant.
Some might be sad to realize that this plan probably reduces the chances of an NHL team being named the Seattle SuperSonics. Then again, that NBA team might want to forge its own identity, so you never know.
If you need yet another brief lockout diversion, try naming a hypothetical Seattle-based NHL team.
(About.com has a handy list of Seattle-are team names, if you’d prefer to go the historical and/or lazy route.)
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)