Oct 8, 2012, 9:27 PM EST
City and county councils are expected to vote on the Seattle arena plan next Monday (Oct. 15), King 5 News reports.
To be exact, the dual voting will cover the city of Seattle and King County. The two voting sessions are expected to take place a half hour apart next week.
While it’s possible that an NHL team might inhabit that possible arena in the future, the people behind the arena movement have made it clear that their main goal is to attract an NBA franchise.
In fact, they said that they don’t have a plan that would include an NHL team as the lone tenant.
Some might be sad to realize that this plan probably reduces the chances of an NHL team being named the Seattle SuperSonics. Then again, that NBA team might want to forge its own identity, so you never know.
If you need yet another brief lockout diversion, try naming a hypothetical Seattle-based NHL team.
(About.com has a handy list of Seattle-are team names, if you’d prefer to go the historical and/or lazy route.)
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)