Oct 8, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Today, more news — the injury could keep the Flyers forward shelved for up to four weeks.
That’s the word from Praha, anyway, as the club posted Voracek’s health prognosis on its website.
More, from RIA Novosti:
Lockout signing Voracek injured his knee in a home match against SKA St. Petersburg on Saturday, which the Russian team won 4-3.
Earlier this month, Lev released injured Calgary Flames forward Jiri Hudler after doctors found out he could be out for a month with an abdominal muscle problem.
“Center Jakub Voracek suffered a knee injury in the third period and the early indication is he’ll be out of the lineup about four weeks,” a statement on the Lev website said.
There’s been no indication if Voracek will be released from his deal with Lev, like Hudler was. There’s also no indication if he’ll return to North America to seek injury treatment.
Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia has been trying to track down details — but at this point, they remain sketchy. CSN sources claim Voracek has told people the injury is worse than what his agent, Petr Svoboda, has been suggesting, and that Svoboda originally said Voracek would only be out of action for a week.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)