Oct 8, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Today, more news — the injury could keep the Flyers forward shelved for up to four weeks.
That’s the word from Praha, anyway, as the club posted Voracek’s health prognosis on its website.
More, from RIA Novosti:
Lockout signing Voracek injured his knee in a home match against SKA St. Petersburg on Saturday, which the Russian team won 4-3.
Earlier this month, Lev released injured Calgary Flames forward Jiri Hudler after doctors found out he could be out for a month with an abdominal muscle problem.
“Center Jakub Voracek suffered a knee injury in the third period and the early indication is he’ll be out of the lineup about four weeks,” a statement on the Lev website said.
There’s been no indication if Voracek will be released from his deal with Lev, like Hudler was. There’s also no indication if he’ll return to North America to seek injury treatment.
Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia has been trying to track down details — but at this point, they remain sketchy. CSN sources claim Voracek has told people the injury is worse than what his agent, Petr Svoboda, has been suggesting, and that Svoboda originally said Voracek would only be out of action for a week.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)