Oct 8, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Today, more news — the injury could keep the Flyers forward shelved for up to four weeks.
That’s the word from Praha, anyway, as the club posted Voracek’s health prognosis on its website.
More, from RIA Novosti:
Lockout signing Voracek injured his knee in a home match against SKA St. Petersburg on Saturday, which the Russian team won 4-3.
Earlier this month, Lev released injured Calgary Flames forward Jiri Hudler after doctors found out he could be out for a month with an abdominal muscle problem.
“Center Jakub Voracek suffered a knee injury in the third period and the early indication is he’ll be out of the lineup about four weeks,” a statement on the Lev website said.
There’s been no indication if Voracek will be released from his deal with Lev, like Hudler was. There’s also no indication if he’ll return to North America to seek injury treatment.
Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia has been trying to track down details — but at this point, they remain sketchy. CSN sources claim Voracek has told people the injury is worse than what his agent, Petr Svoboda, has been suggesting, and that Svoboda originally said Voracek would only be out of action for a week.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 6
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 15
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)