Oct 8, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Today, more news — the injury could keep the Flyers forward shelved for up to four weeks.
That’s the word from Praha, anyway, as the club posted Voracek’s health prognosis on its website.
More, from RIA Novosti:
Lockout signing Voracek injured his knee in a home match against SKA St. Petersburg on Saturday, which the Russian team won 4-3.
Earlier this month, Lev released injured Calgary Flames forward Jiri Hudler after doctors found out he could be out for a month with an abdominal muscle problem.
“Center Jakub Voracek suffered a knee injury in the third period and the early indication is he’ll be out of the lineup about four weeks,” a statement on the Lev website said.
There’s been no indication if Voracek will be released from his deal with Lev, like Hudler was. There’s also no indication if he’ll return to North America to seek injury treatment.
Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia has been trying to track down details — but at this point, they remain sketchy. CSN sources claim Voracek has told people the injury is worse than what his agent, Petr Svoboda, has been suggesting, and that Svoboda originally said Voracek would only be out of action for a week.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)