Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Detroit forward Drew Miller has decided to spend the NHL lockout with the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club based just outside of Glasgow that plays in the UK Elite League.
“I am happy to have signed a contract with the Clan and I look forward to getting over there and working with the guys.” Miller said, as per the club’s website.
A Clan spokesman called it “a true honor” to have Miller, “an NHL player from such a renowned team,” sign with the club.
Miller, 28, joins Carolina’s Anthony Stewart (Nottingham Panthers) in the 10-team league and is expected to make his Clan debut this weekend against Dundee and Edinburgh.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 3
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 10
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 8
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury