Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Detroit forward Drew Miller has decided to spend the NHL lockout with the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club based just outside of Glasgow that plays in the UK Elite League.
“I am happy to have signed a contract with the Clan and I look forward to getting over there and working with the guys.” Miller said, as per the club’s website.
A Clan spokesman called it “a true honor” to have Miller, “an NHL player from such a renowned team,” sign with the club.
Miller, 28, joins Carolina’s Anthony Stewart (Nottingham Panthers) in the 10-team league and is expected to make his Clan debut this weekend against Dundee and Edinburgh.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50