Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
Detroit forward Drew Miller has decided to spend the NHL lockout with the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club based just outside of Glasgow that plays in the UK Elite League.
“I am happy to have signed a contract with the Clan and I look forward to getting over there and working with the guys.” Miller said, as per the club’s website.
A Clan spokesman called it “a true honor” to have Miller, “an NHL player from such a renowned team,” sign with the club.
Miller, 28, joins Carolina’s Anthony Stewart (Nottingham Panthers) in the 10-team league and is expected to make his Clan debut this weekend against Dundee and Edinburgh.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5