Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
Detroit forward Drew Miller has decided to spend the NHL lockout with the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club based just outside of Glasgow that plays in the UK Elite League.
“I am happy to have signed a contract with the Clan and I look forward to getting over there and working with the guys.” Miller said, as per the club’s website.
A Clan spokesman called it “a true honor” to have Miller, “an NHL player from such a renowned team,” sign with the club.
Miller, 28, joins Carolina’s Anthony Stewart (Nottingham Panthers) in the 10-team league and is expected to make his Clan debut this weekend against Dundee and Edinburgh.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)