Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Detroit forward Drew Miller has decided to spend the NHL lockout with the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club based just outside of Glasgow that plays in the UK Elite League.
“I am happy to have signed a contract with the Clan and I look forward to getting over there and working with the guys.” Miller said, as per the club’s website.
A Clan spokesman called it “a true honor” to have Miller, “an NHL player from such a renowned team,” sign with the club.
Miller, 28, joins Carolina’s Anthony Stewart (Nottingham Panthers) in the 10-team league and is expected to make his Clan debut this weekend against Dundee and Edinburgh.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25