Oct 8, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
After two pointless contests and a healthy scratch, Yakupov made an impact in the two games he played last week. He scored all three of his goals in those two contests and also averaged almost 18 minutes per game.
We pointed out that he only averaged 12:28 of ice time through his first two games, so it’s clear that he’s gaining the trust of the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk coaching staff.
(It will take some time for us to gain the confidence to spell that team’s correctly without copy-and-paste, however.)
In other totally relevant Yakupov news, he’s sporting a pretty sweet mustache, according to his KHL mug shot:
Looks like everything’s on track for the future Edmonton Oilers sniper.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)