Oct 8, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
After two pointless contests and a healthy scratch, Yakupov made an impact in the two games he played last week. He scored all three of his goals in those two contests and also averaged almost 18 minutes per game.
We pointed out that he only averaged 12:28 of ice time through his first two games, so it’s clear that he’s gaining the trust of the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk coaching staff.
(It will take some time for us to gain the confidence to spell that team’s correctly without copy-and-paste, however.)
In other totally relevant Yakupov news, he’s sporting a pretty sweet mustache, according to his KHL mug shot:
Looks like everything’s on track for the future Edmonton Oilers sniper.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)