Oct 8, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
After two pointless contests and a healthy scratch, Yakupov made an impact in the two games he played last week. He scored all three of his goals in those two contests and also averaged almost 18 minutes per game.
We pointed out that he only averaged 12:28 of ice time through his first two games, so it’s clear that he’s gaining the trust of the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk coaching staff.
(It will take some time for us to gain the confidence to spell that team’s correctly without copy-and-paste, however.)
In other totally relevant Yakupov news, he’s sporting a pretty sweet mustache, according to his KHL mug shot:
Looks like everything’s on track for the future Edmonton Oilers sniper.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)