Oct 8, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
After two pointless contests and a healthy scratch, Yakupov made an impact in the two games he played last week. He scored all three of his goals in those two contests and also averaged almost 18 minutes per game.
We pointed out that he only averaged 12:28 of ice time through his first two games, so it’s clear that he’s gaining the trust of the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk coaching staff.
(It will take some time for us to gain the confidence to spell that team’s correctly without copy-and-paste, however.)
In other totally relevant Yakupov news, he’s sporting a pretty sweet mustache, according to his KHL mug shot:
Looks like everything’s on track for the future Edmonton Oilers sniper.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)