Oct 8, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
After two pointless contests and a healthy scratch, Yakupov made an impact in the two games he played last week. He scored all three of his goals in those two contests and also averaged almost 18 minutes per game.
We pointed out that he only averaged 12:28 of ice time through his first two games, so it’s clear that he’s gaining the trust of the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk coaching staff.
(It will take some time for us to gain the confidence to spell that team’s correctly without copy-and-paste, however.)
In other totally relevant Yakupov news, he’s sporting a pretty sweet mustache, according to his KHL mug shot:
Looks like everything’s on track for the future Edmonton Oilers sniper.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)