Oct 8, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
While numerous NHL players are opting to play in Europe or the AHL, Brandon Dubinsky hopes to stay sharp in … Alaska.
Dubinsky is coming off the worst full pro season of his career – his final one with the New York Rangers.
He scored 34 points after compiling a career-high 54 in a contract year, prompting a wave of trade rumors before he was sent to the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Rick Nash trade.
Blue Jackets forward R.J. Umberger admitted that Columbus now seems like a team brimming with second-liners, which indicates that Dubinsky was in line for a chance to be a go-to guy.
It wouldn’t be surprising if Dubinsky was antsy to redeem himself and take on a bigger role, but that opportunity is now on hold.
The Aces’ season starts on Friday, Oct. 19 so he’ll have time to get acquainted with his new, lesser-paid teammates.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)