Oct 8, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
If dreary lockout news isn’t enough to brighten your Monday, here’s your latest broken-record update for the Phoenix Coyotes sale.
The Coyotes/NHL and City of Glendale hope to extend the agreement in which the league runs Jobing.com Arena for another 30 days, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The most recent extension actually ran out at the end of September. (Here’s the most recent PHT post about the arena lease extensions.)
Despite a rotating slew of headaches, Greg Jamison seems determined to find a way to purchase and then finance the team.
The most recent road blocks include a revised lease plan that would give Jamison’s group less leeway in the first five years of the deal and a sales-tax initiative that could get voted down in November.
In the grand scheme of things, it appears that this groundhog day scenario of starts and stops should continue for at least the next month or so. Coyotes fans probably feel like it won’t ever end.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)