Oct 8, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
If dreary lockout news isn’t enough to brighten your Monday, here’s your latest broken-record update for the Phoenix Coyotes sale.
The Coyotes/NHL and City of Glendale hope to extend the agreement in which the league runs Jobing.com Arena for another 30 days, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The most recent extension actually ran out at the end of September. (Here’s the most recent PHT post about the arena lease extensions.)
Despite a rotating slew of headaches, Greg Jamison seems determined to find a way to purchase and then finance the team.
The most recent road blocks include a revised lease plan that would give Jamison’s group less leeway in the first five years of the deal and a sales-tax initiative that could get voted down in November.
In the grand scheme of things, it appears that this groundhog day scenario of starts and stops should continue for at least the next month or so. Coyotes fans probably feel like it won’t ever end.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Kronwalled: Red Wings defenseman levels Lightning’s Kucherov 0
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 6
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 74
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)