Oct 8, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
If dreary lockout news isn’t enough to brighten your Monday, here’s your latest broken-record update for the Phoenix Coyotes sale.
The Coyotes/NHL and City of Glendale hope to extend the agreement in which the league runs Jobing.com Arena for another 30 days, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The most recent extension actually ran out at the end of September. (Here’s the most recent PHT post about the arena lease extensions.)
Despite a rotating slew of headaches, Greg Jamison seems determined to find a way to purchase and then finance the team.
The most recent road blocks include a revised lease plan that would give Jamison’s group less leeway in the first five years of the deal and a sales-tax initiative that could get voted down in November.
In the grand scheme of things, it appears that this groundhog day scenario of starts and stops should continue for at least the next month or so. Coyotes fans probably feel like it won’t ever end.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (108)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)