Oct 8, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Germany’s second-tier Eishockey Bundesliga is turning into one of the major benefactors of the lockout.
D’Agostini will suit up for SC Riessersee (according to the Riessersee website), a club currently tied for dead last in the 13-team circuit.
The 25-year-old is coming off a tough 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss 26 games with a concussion. The injury was doubly frustrating given that, the year prior, D’Agostini enjoyed a breakout campaign with the Blues, scoring 21G-25A-46PTS while appearing in all 82 games — a performance that earned him a two-year, $3.3 million extension with the Blues in July 2011.
With the move, D’Agostini becomes the latest Blue to try his hand overseas. The team has seen a large number of players go aboard in search of work: Stewart, Vladimir Tarasenko (KHL), Vladimir Sobotka (Czech Extraliga), Patrick Berglund (Swedish second division), Roman Polak (Czech Extraliga), Alex Steen (Swedish Elite League) and Kris Russell (Finland).
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 3
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 7
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination