Oct 7, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Injury reports can be a finicky business in the NHL alone, so it’s not shocking that overseas reports might create the occasional bewildering game of telephone. At the moment, it’s vaguely described as a “bad” knee sprain.
The Flyers’ brass must be biting their nails about this issue after gambling on “Baby Jagr” by handing him a hefty four-year, $17 million contract. Voracek hasn’t had a 20-goal season yet and has hovered around the 50-point mark for the last three seasons, so they’re hoping his best days are ahead of him.
Injuries haven’t been a common problem for the Czech-born winger so far; he’s played in at least 78 games as an NHL regular.
In the grand scheme of things, Philly’s front office must hope that his host team HC Lev Praha won’t rush him back to action.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 9
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 49
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 18
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (95)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- PBT: LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games