Oct 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
It’s not too much of a surprise, but Predators forward Sergei Kostitsyn is off to the KHL during the lockout.
Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov reports Kostitsyn has signed on with Avangard Omsk while the work stoppage trudges onward. There he’ll join Columbus defenseman Nikita Nikitin as well as former NHL players like Alexander Frolov, Martin Skoula, and Karri Ramo.
Interestingly enough, Sergei isn’t joining the same team as his brother Andrei Kostitsyn who signed with Traktor Chelyabinsk after seemingly partying his way out of Nashville and the NHL.
Sergei sparked his career with the Predators after three lackluster seasons in Montreal. Two seasons ago he scored 23 goals and finished with 50 points and had 17-26-43 last year.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 0
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 44
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)