Oct 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
It’s not too much of a surprise, but Predators forward Sergei Kostitsyn is off to the KHL during the lockout.
Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov reports Kostitsyn has signed on with Avangard Omsk while the work stoppage trudges onward. There he’ll join Columbus defenseman Nikita Nikitin as well as former NHL players like Alexander Frolov, Martin Skoula, and Karri Ramo.
Interestingly enough, Sergei isn’t joining the same team as his brother Andrei Kostitsyn who signed with Traktor Chelyabinsk after seemingly partying his way out of Nashville and the NHL.
Sergei sparked his career with the Predators after three lackluster seasons in Montreal. Two seasons ago he scored 23 goals and finished with 50 points and had 17-26-43 last year.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)