Oct 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
It’s not too much of a surprise, but Predators forward Sergei Kostitsyn is off to the KHL during the lockout.
Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov reports Kostitsyn has signed on with Avangard Omsk while the work stoppage trudges onward. There he’ll join Columbus defenseman Nikita Nikitin as well as former NHL players like Alexander Frolov, Martin Skoula, and Karri Ramo.
Interestingly enough, Sergei isn’t joining the same team as his brother Andrei Kostitsyn who signed with Traktor Chelyabinsk after seemingly partying his way out of Nashville and the NHL.
Sergei sparked his career with the Predators after three lackluster seasons in Montreal. Two seasons ago he scored 23 goals and finished with 50 points and had 17-26-43 last year.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)