Oct 7, 2012, 10:58 PM EST
The next CBA meetings are likely to take place this coming Wednesday or Thursday, Pierre LeBrun reports. We won’t know for sure until the NHL and NHLPA finalize that schedule on Monday, however.
Earlier today, Tom Gulitti reported that the two sides communicated, though the extent of the conversation is unclear.
The timing for potential meetings is interesting since Thursday (Oct. 11) would have opened up the 2012-13 regular season if not for the lockout.
(That fact already prompted people like Elliotte Friedman to imagine an alternate reality without a work stoppage.)
While it’s difficult to tell if there have been significant gains or mere baby steps, this weekend has carried a mild sense of optimism.
Two high-ranking members from each side met quietly on Friday, even leading to rumors that the reps might have been throwing around the word “compromise.”
Sure, players such as Sidney Crosby seem less optimistic than before while guys like Karl Alzner are almost admitting defeat, but the latest news cycle sure beats the spin control following regular season games being canceled.
There’s even word that the NHLPA might cook up another revised proposal.
Ultimately, we’ll just need to wait and see if this week provides a pivotal moment or just another week of hard feelings and speculation.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)