Oct 7, 2012, 10:58 PM EST
The next CBA meetings are likely to take place this coming Wednesday or Thursday, Pierre LeBrun reports. We won’t know for sure until the NHL and NHLPA finalize that schedule on Monday, however.
Earlier today, Tom Gulitti reported that the two sides communicated, though the extent of the conversation is unclear.
The timing for potential meetings is interesting since Thursday (Oct. 11) would have opened up the 2012-13 regular season if not for the lockout.
(That fact already prompted people like Elliotte Friedman to imagine an alternate reality without a work stoppage.)
While it’s difficult to tell if there have been significant gains or mere baby steps, this weekend has carried a mild sense of optimism.
Two high-ranking members from each side met quietly on Friday, even leading to rumors that the reps might have been throwing around the word “compromise.”
Sure, players such as Sidney Crosby seem less optimistic than before while guys like Karl Alzner are almost admitting defeat, but the latest news cycle sure beats the spin control following regular season games being canceled.
There’s even word that the NHLPA might cook up another revised proposal.
Ultimately, we’ll just need to wait and see if this week provides a pivotal moment or just another week of hard feelings and speculation.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)