Oct 7, 2012, 10:58 PM EDT
The next CBA meetings are likely to take place this coming Wednesday or Thursday, Pierre LeBrun reports. We won’t know for sure until the NHL and NHLPA finalize that schedule on Monday, however.
Earlier today, Tom Gulitti reported that the two sides communicated, though the extent of the conversation is unclear.
The timing for potential meetings is interesting since Thursday (Oct. 11) would have opened up the 2012-13 regular season if not for the lockout.
(That fact already prompted people like Elliotte Friedman to imagine an alternate reality without a work stoppage.)
While it’s difficult to tell if there have been significant gains or mere baby steps, this weekend has carried a mild sense of optimism.
Two high-ranking members from each side met quietly on Friday, even leading to rumors that the reps might have been throwing around the word “compromise.”
Sure, players such as Sidney Crosby seem less optimistic than before while guys like Karl Alzner are almost admitting defeat, but the latest news cycle sure beats the spin control following regular season games being canceled.
There’s even word that the NHLPA might cook up another revised proposal.
Ultimately, we’ll just need to wait and see if this week provides a pivotal moment or just another week of hard feelings and speculation.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal