Oct 7, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
Evander Kane hasn’t exactly had the greatest start to his KHL sojourn.
Just look at his stats with Dinamo Minsk so far: zero goals, zero assists, 14 penalty minutes and a -3 rating in three games.
Kane’s struggles aren’t lost on the team’s coaching staff, either, as Pavel Lysenkov reports.
Evander Kane - only 11 min ice time. Dynamo Minsk coach said he is in bad shape and not ready yet to play on KHL level. #jets—
Pavel Lysenkov (@plysenkov) October 07, 2012
It hasn’t been an offseason of great signs for the Winnipeg Jets franchise.
- The Jets barely beat the CBA deadline to ink Kane to a six-year, $31.5 million contract only to see this slow start overseas. (Perhaps he assumed the lockout would drag on?)
- Word surfaced that Ondrej Pavelec was charged with a DUI before he signed a big deal of his own to be the go-to guy in net. The cherry on top is that he’s off to an awful start as well, registering an 0-5-0 record, .859 save percentage and 4.63 GAA, according to Matias Strozyk.
- Whether the coverage was bloated or not, seeing some troubling photos of Dustin Byfuglien‘s physique eats the cherry on top.
- Let’s not forget that the Jets have only been “back” in Winnipeg for one season.
To review: three of the Jets’ most important players are experiencing growing pains (to be generous). If there’s a silver lining to the lockout, it’s that they have some time to work out the kinks.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)