Oct 7, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
Evander Kane hasn’t exactly had the greatest start to his KHL sojourn.
Just look at his stats with Dinamo Minsk so far: zero goals, zero assists, 14 penalty minutes and a -3 rating in three games.
Kane’s struggles aren’t lost on the team’s coaching staff, either, as Pavel Lysenkov reports.
Evander Kane - only 11 min ice time. Dynamo Minsk coach said he is in bad shape and not ready yet to play on KHL level. #jets—
Pavel Lysenkov (@plysenkov) October 07, 2012
It hasn’t been an offseason of great signs for the Winnipeg Jets franchise.
- The Jets barely beat the CBA deadline to ink Kane to a six-year, $31.5 million contract only to see this slow start overseas. (Perhaps he assumed the lockout would drag on?)
- Word surfaced that Ondrej Pavelec was charged with a DUI before he signed a big deal of his own to be the go-to guy in net. The cherry on top is that he’s off to an awful start as well, registering an 0-5-0 record, .859 save percentage and 4.63 GAA, according to Matias Strozyk.
- Whether the coverage was bloated or not, seeing some troubling photos of Dustin Byfuglien‘s physique eats the cherry on top.
- Let’s not forget that the Jets have only been “back” in Winnipeg for one season.
To review: three of the Jets’ most important players are experiencing growing pains (to be generous). If there’s a silver lining to the lockout, it’s that they have some time to work out the kinks.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35