Oct 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Sure, there aren’t any NHL preseason games in action, but that doesn’t mean hockey fans need to wave goodbye to great highlights.
The spelling of Minnesota Wild first-rounder Mathew Dumba’s name inspires some painfully obvious puns, yet his greater moments might require more positive nicknames.
(Pro tip: start with “dumbfounded.”)
For an early example, check out this ridiculous goal in which Dumba scores – and dekes – from his knees for the WHL’s Red Deer Rebels:
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3