Oct 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Sure, there aren’t any NHL preseason games in action, but that doesn’t mean hockey fans need to wave goodbye to great highlights.
The spelling of Minnesota Wild first-rounder Mathew Dumba’s name inspires some painfully obvious puns, yet his greater moments might require more positive nicknames.
(Pro tip: start with “dumbfounded.”)
For an early example, check out this ridiculous goal in which Dumba scores – and dekes – from his knees for the WHL’s Red Deer Rebels:
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31