Oct 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When it comes to the labor situation between the owners and players, Sidney Crosby is seeing his faith tested that things will work out.
But in an interview with TSN, Crosby says he’s still hopeful a deal can be reached.
“All you can really do is sit and wait and hope someone gets a great idea or they get some really positive dialogue,” he said.
Crosby added, “There hasn’t been a ton of optimism with what’s gone on so I think you expect things like that to happen when there’s no progress. As a player you just try to stay informed. You still have to get ready as if next week something’s going to happen.”
Perhaps the “great idea” he’s talking about was brought up in yesterday’s surprise meeting between the two sides in Toronto.
As far as him going overseas to play, his agent Pat Brisson has said it’s something to consider later on but Crosby tells TSN the lack of positive talk is making guys head over now.
“I think you’re seeing now more and more guys go over so whether that’s because they’re not too optimistic that it’s going to [end] any time soon or they’re tired of waiting, whatever the case is, it’s starting to happen more.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)