Oct 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When it comes to the labor situation between the owners and players, Sidney Crosby is seeing his faith tested that things will work out.
But in an interview with TSN, Crosby says he’s still hopeful a deal can be reached.
“All you can really do is sit and wait and hope someone gets a great idea or they get some really positive dialogue,” he said.
Crosby added, “There hasn’t been a ton of optimism with what’s gone on so I think you expect things like that to happen when there’s no progress. As a player you just try to stay informed. You still have to get ready as if next week something’s going to happen.”
Perhaps the “great idea” he’s talking about was brought up in yesterday’s surprise meeting between the two sides in Toronto.
As far as him going overseas to play, his agent Pat Brisson has said it’s something to consider later on but Crosby tells TSN the lack of positive talk is making guys head over now.
“I think you’re seeing now more and more guys go over so whether that’s because they’re not too optimistic that it’s going to [end] any time soon or they’re tired of waiting, whatever the case is, it’s starting to happen more.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)