Oct 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When it comes to the labor situation between the owners and players, Sidney Crosby is seeing his faith tested that things will work out.
But in an interview with TSN, Crosby says he’s still hopeful a deal can be reached.
“All you can really do is sit and wait and hope someone gets a great idea or they get some really positive dialogue,” he said.
Crosby added, “There hasn’t been a ton of optimism with what’s gone on so I think you expect things like that to happen when there’s no progress. As a player you just try to stay informed. You still have to get ready as if next week something’s going to happen.”
Perhaps the “great idea” he’s talking about was brought up in yesterday’s surprise meeting between the two sides in Toronto.
As far as him going overseas to play, his agent Pat Brisson has said it’s something to consider later on but Crosby tells TSN the lack of positive talk is making guys head over now.
“I think you’re seeing now more and more guys go over so whether that’s because they’re not too optimistic that it’s going to [end] any time soon or they’re tired of waiting, whatever the case is, it’s starting to happen more.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)