Oct 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
When it comes to the labor situation between the owners and players, Sidney Crosby is seeing his faith tested that things will work out.
But in an interview with TSN, Crosby says he’s still hopeful a deal can be reached.
“All you can really do is sit and wait and hope someone gets a great idea or they get some really positive dialogue,” he said.
Crosby added, “There hasn’t been a ton of optimism with what’s gone on so I think you expect things like that to happen when there’s no progress. As a player you just try to stay informed. You still have to get ready as if next week something’s going to happen.”
Perhaps the “great idea” he’s talking about was brought up in yesterday’s surprise meeting between the two sides in Toronto.
As far as him going overseas to play, his agent Pat Brisson has said it’s something to consider later on but Crosby tells TSN the lack of positive talk is making guys head over now.
“I think you’re seeing now more and more guys go over so whether that’s because they’re not too optimistic that it’s going to [end] any time soon or they’re tired of waiting, whatever the case is, it’s starting to happen more.”
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 1
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)