Oct 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
When it comes to the labor situation between the owners and players, Sidney Crosby is seeing his faith tested that things will work out.
But in an interview with TSN, Crosby says he’s still hopeful a deal can be reached.
“All you can really do is sit and wait and hope someone gets a great idea or they get some really positive dialogue,” he said.
Crosby added, “There hasn’t been a ton of optimism with what’s gone on so I think you expect things like that to happen when there’s no progress. As a player you just try to stay informed. You still have to get ready as if next week something’s going to happen.”
Perhaps the “great idea” he’s talking about was brought up in yesterday’s surprise meeting between the two sides in Toronto.
As far as him going overseas to play, his agent Pat Brisson has said it’s something to consider later on but Crosby tells TSN the lack of positive talk is making guys head over now.
“I think you’re seeing now more and more guys go over so whether that’s because they’re not too optimistic that it’s going to [end] any time soon or they’re tired of waiting, whatever the case is, it’s starting to happen more.”
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)