Oct 6, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Defenseman Matt Gilroy is back with the New York Rangers organization, although at the moment he’s only officially a member of the Connecticut Whale, according to Larry Brooks.
(If you need a brief lockout diversion, click on this link and enjoy the semantic argument over the term “prodigal.”)
As Brooks notes, it wouldn’t be shocking if Gilroy signs with the big club once the lockout ends.
While the Rangers seem to have their top-four defensemen covered, some believe their depth is questionable.
Gilroy spent chunks of two seasons with the Rangers before bouncing from the Tampa Bay Lightning to the Ottawa Senators in 2011-12. He registered his best statistical work last season, putting up a career-high 17 assists and 20 points.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)