Oct 6, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Defenseman Matt Gilroy is back with the New York Rangers organization, although at the moment he’s only officially a member of the Connecticut Whale, according to Larry Brooks.
(If you need a brief lockout diversion, click on this link and enjoy the semantic argument over the term “prodigal.”)
As Brooks notes, it wouldn’t be shocking if Gilroy signs with the big club once the lockout ends.
While the Rangers seem to have their top-four defensemen covered, some believe their depth is questionable.
Gilroy spent chunks of two seasons with the Rangers before bouncing from the Tampa Bay Lightning to the Ottawa Senators in 2011-12. He registered his best statistical work last season, putting up a career-high 17 assists and 20 points.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)