Oct 5, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
The lockout pushed those debates out of most hockey discussions, but Fedun’s return to competition is still a noteworthy achievement.
He’s suiting up for the Oklahoma City Barons in an AHL preseason match against the Houston Aeros tonight.
Fedun told The Edmonton Journal that he just wants to keep things simple.
“The focus now is get back to what I was doing 12 months ago, and hopefully, I can do it with just as much strength and conviction as I was at the time,” Fedun said. “For me, that’s just getting back to pucks fast and moving it up the ice fast. Play it simple, but play it smart.”
Here’s video of that hit, which ended up leaving Fedur with a shattered right femur:
Meanwhile, the Oilers posted video in which Fedun discusses his return to live competition:
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)