Oct 5, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
The lockout pushed those debates out of most hockey discussions, but Fedun’s return to competition is still a noteworthy achievement.
He’s suiting up for the Oklahoma City Barons in an AHL preseason match against the Houston Aeros tonight.
Fedun told The Edmonton Journal that he just wants to keep things simple.
“The focus now is get back to what I was doing 12 months ago, and hopefully, I can do it with just as much strength and conviction as I was at the time,” Fedun said. “For me, that’s just getting back to pucks fast and moving it up the ice fast. Play it simple, but play it smart.”
Here’s video of that hit, which ended up leaving Fedur with a shattered right femur:
Meanwhile, the Oilers posted video in which Fedun discusses his return to live competition:
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)