Oct 5, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
The lockout pushed those debates out of most hockey discussions, but Fedun’s return to competition is still a noteworthy achievement.
He’s suiting up for the Oklahoma City Barons in an AHL preseason match against the Houston Aeros tonight.
Fedun told The Edmonton Journal that he just wants to keep things simple.
“The focus now is get back to what I was doing 12 months ago, and hopefully, I can do it with just as much strength and conviction as I was at the time,” Fedun said. “For me, that’s just getting back to pucks fast and moving it up the ice fast. Play it simple, but play it smart.”
Here’s video of that hit, which ended up leaving Fedur with a shattered right femur:
Meanwhile, the Oilers posted video in which Fedun discusses his return to live competition:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5