Oct 5, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
The lockout pushed those debates out of most hockey discussions, but Fedun’s return to competition is still a noteworthy achievement.
He’s suiting up for the Oklahoma City Barons in an AHL preseason match against the Houston Aeros tonight.
Fedun told The Edmonton Journal that he just wants to keep things simple.
“The focus now is get back to what I was doing 12 months ago, and hopefully, I can do it with just as much strength and conviction as I was at the time,” Fedun said. “For me, that’s just getting back to pucks fast and moving it up the ice fast. Play it simple, but play it smart.”
Here’s video of that hit, which ended up leaving Fedur with a shattered right femur:
Meanwhile, the Oilers posted video in which Fedun discusses his return to live competition:
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)