Oct 5, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
The lockout pushed those debates out of most hockey discussions, but Fedun’s return to competition is still a noteworthy achievement.
He’s suiting up for the Oklahoma City Barons in an AHL preseason match against the Houston Aeros tonight.
Fedun told The Edmonton Journal that he just wants to keep things simple.
“The focus now is get back to what I was doing 12 months ago, and hopefully, I can do it with just as much strength and conviction as I was at the time,” Fedun said. “For me, that’s just getting back to pucks fast and moving it up the ice fast. Play it simple, but play it smart.”
Here’s video of that hit, which ended up leaving Fedur with a shattered right femur:
Meanwhile, the Oilers posted video in which Fedun discusses his return to live competition:
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)