Oct 5, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
You can picture the surprise today with the news John Shannon of Sportsnet broke reporting that Gary Bettman, Bill Daly and the Fehr brothers, Donald and Steve, all met quietly in Toronto. Daly was straight to the point saying, “Yes we had a meeting. Nothing else to report at this time.”
Daly tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com a bit more about what they discussed.
“General discussion of where we were and how to try to move process forward from here. We talked about possibly scheduling some meetings for next week, but mostly to deal with the other issues.”
While it’s just a meeting, yesterday’s tough talk from both sides made it feel like it would be a while before the two sides chatted again. Seeing them get together today can only be seen as a positive sign.
With the trust being so seemingly fractured between the owners and players, baby steps like these are encouraging especially when they could just not talk at all instead.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)