Oct 5, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Holding meetings and actually making progress can be two very different things, but Pierre LeBrun’s reports provide some optimism.
First things first, the NHL “strongly urged” the NHLPA to come up with a revised offer while the players asked the owners to do the same.
That’s a good sign to begin with, but LeBrun’s summary of the discussions includes the magic word in negotiations: compromise.
In short, both sides expressing to each other that it's time to compromise—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) October 05, 2012
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (109)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)