Oct 5, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Holding meetings and actually making progress can be two very different things, but Pierre LeBrun’s reports provide some optimism.
First things first, the NHL “strongly urged” the NHLPA to come up with a revised offer while the players asked the owners to do the same.
That’s a good sign to begin with, but LeBrun’s summary of the discussions includes the magic word in negotiations: compromise.
In short, both sides expressing to each other that it's time to compromise—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) October 05, 2012
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6