Oct 5, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I think the only way I would go is if this keeps stretching longer and longer and the forecast, the light at the end of the tunnel looks dimmer,” McDonagh said, referring to the lockout. “Because I know how important it is to be in the same game shape, and that’s the big thing is once the puck drops here in North America, I want to be ready 100%, ahead of the game and playing the way I play.”
McDonagh broke out in 2011-12 with 32 points in 82 games. In addition to his offensive contributions, McDonagh finished second on the team in total ice time and blocked shots while leading the Rangers with a plus-25 rating.
He’s scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer after completing his entry-level deal.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17