Oct 5, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
With that out of the way, the question is: what’s next for Davidson?
Davidson admits that he’s doesn’t have the “faintest idea” where he’ll end up next (quotes via Chris Nichols):
“[But] the phone can ring … I’m listening,” Davidson said.
Lou Korac reports that Davidson has only spoken with one team so far: the Columbus Blue Jackets. (At least one NHL executive believes he’d be a great fit for the hapless Blue Jackets.)
While he left the door open for any number of options,* Davidson said that location is a big factor.
“It’s going to have to be a good place to move to, whether it’s back to New York or another city,” Davidson said.
It’s likely that Davidson will have several cities to choose from after he helped turn around the Blues franchise.
* – Many will note that he had great success as a broadcaster, for instance.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)