Oct 5, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
With that out of the way, the question is: what’s next for Davidson?
Davidson admits that he’s doesn’t have the “faintest idea” where he’ll end up next (quotes via Chris Nichols):
“[But] the phone can ring … I’m listening,” Davidson said.
Lou Korac reports that Davidson has only spoken with one team so far: the Columbus Blue Jackets. (At least one NHL executive believes he’d be a great fit for the hapless Blue Jackets.)
While he left the door open for any number of options,* Davidson said that location is a big factor.
“It’s going to have to be a good place to move to, whether it’s back to New York or another city,” Davidson said.
It’s likely that Davidson will have several cities to choose from after he helped turn around the Blues franchise.
* – Many will note that he had great success as a broadcaster, for instance.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 4
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 34
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)