Oct 5, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
With that out of the way, the question is: what’s next for Davidson?
Davidson admits that he’s doesn’t have the “faintest idea” where he’ll end up next (quotes via Chris Nichols):
“[But] the phone can ring … I’m listening,” Davidson said.
Lou Korac reports that Davidson has only spoken with one team so far: the Columbus Blue Jackets. (At least one NHL executive believes he’d be a great fit for the hapless Blue Jackets.)
While he left the door open for any number of options,* Davidson said that location is a big factor.
“It’s going to have to be a good place to move to, whether it’s back to New York or another city,” Davidson said.
It’s likely that Davidson will have several cities to choose from after he helped turn around the Blues franchise.
* – Many will note that he had great success as a broadcaster, for instance.
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 0
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 6
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 49
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner