Oct 5, 2012, 8:26 PM EST
With that out of the way, the question is: what’s next for Davidson?
Davidson admits that he’s doesn’t have the “faintest idea” where he’ll end up next (quotes via Chris Nichols):
“[But] the phone can ring … I’m listening,” Davidson said.
Lou Korac reports that Davidson has only spoken with one team so far: the Columbus Blue Jackets. (At least one NHL executive believes he’d be a great fit for the hapless Blue Jackets.)
While he left the door open for any number of options,* Davidson said that location is a big factor.
“It’s going to have to be a good place to move to, whether it’s back to New York or another city,” Davidson said.
It’s likely that Davidson will have several cities to choose from after he helped turn around the Blues franchise.
* – Many will note that he had great success as a broadcaster, for instance.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)