Oct 5, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
With that out of the way, the question is: what’s next for Davidson?
Davidson admits that he’s doesn’t have the “faintest idea” where he’ll end up next (quotes via Chris Nichols):
“[But] the phone can ring … I’m listening,” Davidson said.
Lou Korac reports that Davidson has only spoken with one team so far: the Columbus Blue Jackets. (At least one NHL executive believes he’d be a great fit for the hapless Blue Jackets.)
While he left the door open for any number of options,* Davidson said that location is a big factor.
“It’s going to have to be a good place to move to, whether it’s back to New York or another city,” Davidson said.
It’s likely that Davidson will have several cities to choose from after he helped turn around the Blues franchise.
* – Many will note that he had great success as a broadcaster, for instance.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 17
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)