Oct 5, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
When it comes to labor battles, the big thing everyone talks about for both sides is “solidarity.” For the players’ union in the past that’s been an issue, meanwhile the owners voted unanimously for a lockout.
San Jose’s Dan Boyle isn’t buying the owners’ united front, however.
Boyle tells Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com he believes there are more owners than not that aren’t happy with the lockout and want a settlement sooner rather than later.
“I think when players make comments, sometimes it’s directed towards 30 owners, but I think a lot of us feel that it’s not across the board. It’s a certain group of teams that are controlling 30 others,” Boyle said.
“It doesn’t make any sense to me that eight teams can control the fate of 22 other ones.”
Boyle isn’t alone in feeling this way as Kings’ forward Kevin Westgarth tells Danny Picard from “I’m Just Sayin'” there’s 21 teams that would go for the NHLPA’s offer.
The chances there’s a faction of owners who would rather be playing than fighting the players are pretty good. After all, you’ve got plenty of owners that love making money rather than not. That said, they all voted unanimously to lock out the players. Peer pressure can be bad that way.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)