Oct 5, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
When it comes to labor battles, the big thing everyone talks about for both sides is “solidarity.” For the players’ union in the past that’s been an issue, meanwhile the owners voted unanimously for a lockout.
San Jose’s Dan Boyle isn’t buying the owners’ united front, however.
Boyle tells Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com he believes there are more owners than not that aren’t happy with the lockout and want a settlement sooner rather than later.
“I think when players make comments, sometimes it’s directed towards 30 owners, but I think a lot of us feel that it’s not across the board. It’s a certain group of teams that are controlling 30 others,” Boyle said.
“It doesn’t make any sense to me that eight teams can control the fate of 22 other ones.”
Boyle isn’t alone in feeling this way as Kings’ forward Kevin Westgarth tells Danny Picard from “I’m Just Sayin’” there’s 21 teams that would go for the NHLPA’s offer.
The chances there’s a faction of owners who would rather be playing than fighting the players are pretty good. After all, you’ve got plenty of owners that love making money rather than not. That said, they all voted unanimously to lock out the players. Peer pressure can be bad that way.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 11
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 18
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car