Oct 5, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
When it comes to labor battles, the big thing everyone talks about for both sides is “solidarity.” For the players’ union in the past that’s been an issue, meanwhile the owners voted unanimously for a lockout.
San Jose’s Dan Boyle isn’t buying the owners’ united front, however.
Boyle tells Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com he believes there are more owners than not that aren’t happy with the lockout and want a settlement sooner rather than later.
“I think when players make comments, sometimes it’s directed towards 30 owners, but I think a lot of us feel that it’s not across the board. It’s a certain group of teams that are controlling 30 others,” Boyle said.
“It doesn’t make any sense to me that eight teams can control the fate of 22 other ones.”
Boyle isn’t alone in feeling this way as Kings’ forward Kevin Westgarth tells Danny Picard from “I’m Just Sayin'” there’s 21 teams that would go for the NHLPA’s offer.
The chances there’s a faction of owners who would rather be playing than fighting the players are pretty good. After all, you’ve got plenty of owners that love making money rather than not. That said, they all voted unanimously to lock out the players. Peer pressure can be bad that way.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)