Oct 4, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Battling opponents on the ice can be frustrating, but for Detroit’s Henrik Zetterberd, dealing with Gary Bettman and the owners is proving to be maddening.
Zetterberg tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press that he and the other players feel like the owners aren’t playing fair.
“We can’t really counter what they’re offering,” Zetterberg said today, after a dozen Red Wings skated at Troy Sports Center. “It feels, right now, like if we don’t give everything that they want, it doesn’t really matter. And we will never do that.
“It’s tough to negotiate with yourself, basically.”
Bill Daly, of course, has been saying the players are essentially doing the same thing to the owners in sticking with their offer and not showing any willingness to compromise.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)