Oct 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Galiardi is coming off a season where he had nine goals and 15 points in 69 games with the San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche. He was also part of a postseason controversy after St. Louis’ Andy McDonald said Galiardi elbowed him so hard in the head that McDonald’s helmet cracked.
He signed a one-year, $950,000 deal with the San Jose Sharks in July after earning $700,000 last season.
Galiardi was originally taken by the Avalanche in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and he’s recorded 73 points in 185 career NHL games.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36