Oct 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Galiardi is coming off a season where he had nine goals and 15 points in 69 games with the San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche. He was also part of a postseason controversy after St. Louis’ Andy McDonald said Galiardi elbowed him so hard in the head that McDonald’s helmet cracked.
He signed a one-year, $950,000 deal with the San Jose Sharks in July after earning $700,000 last season.
Galiardi was originally taken by the Avalanche in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and he’s recorded 73 points in 185 career NHL games.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)