Oct 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Galiardi is coming off a season where he had nine goals and 15 points in 69 games with the San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche. He was also part of a postseason controversy after St. Louis’ Andy McDonald said Galiardi elbowed him so hard in the head that McDonald’s helmet cracked.
He signed a one-year, $950,000 deal with the San Jose Sharks in July after earning $700,000 last season.
Galiardi was originally taken by the Avalanche in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and he’s recorded 73 points in 185 career NHL games.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 3
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)