Oct 4, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The lockout has produced plenty of discouraging news, so here’s something a bit more positive: three locked-out NHL players decided to spend some time practicing with the triple-A Mississauga Senators on Tuesday, according to the National Post.
Stajan used to play under Rutledge and the coach’s kid, Tyler is now part of the Mississauga Senators.
“Lockout has been a bonus,” Senators coach Kevin Rutledge said. He added, “I mean, that’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Take the coach’s hat off and put your father’s hat on — it’s pretty cool.”
Stajan and Tyler were caught up in a race for the puck during the practice. Stajan won it by picking up Tyler and putting him down away from the boards. Tyler tried to respond by checking the NHLer, but naturally it didn’t faze Stajan.
The event was also viewed by a stunned group of younger kids from other teams.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 30
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 16
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 30
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 103
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (103)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement