Oct 4, 2012, 6:47 PM EST
The lockout has produced plenty of discouraging news, so here’s something a bit more positive: three locked-out NHL players decided to spend some time practicing with the triple-A Mississauga Senators on Tuesday, according to the National Post.
Stajan used to play under Rutledge and the coach’s kid, Tyler is now part of the Mississauga Senators.
“Lockout has been a bonus,” Senators coach Kevin Rutledge said. He added, “I mean, that’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Take the coach’s hat off and put your father’s hat on — it’s pretty cool.”
Stajan and Tyler were caught up in a race for the puck during the practice. Stajan won it by picking up Tyler and putting him down away from the boards. Tyler tried to respond by checking the NHLer, but naturally it didn’t faze Stajan.
The event was also viewed by a stunned group of younger kids from other teams.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 45
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (44)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)