Oct 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
One of the owners’ big hangups with the players’ union is that they’ve yet to come back to them with another offer. That may soon be changing.
Andy Strickland of 590 AM in St. Louis reports the NHLPA is working on another proposal which they’re hoping to bring to the NHL soon. As of now, the two sides don’t have any talks scheduled and it wasn’t believed they’d meet again until next week.
The last time the owners and players met was last weekend but only non-financial topics were discussed. Without anything scheduled, it’s tough to say when things will get the opportunity to move forward (or backwards).
The fact the players’ union is working on something new, however, is a reason to be hopeful that perhaps things can get back on track to a settlement.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 19
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6