Oct 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
One of the owners’ big hangups with the players’ union is that they’ve yet to come back to them with another offer. That may soon be changing.
Andy Strickland of 590 AM in St. Louis reports the NHLPA is working on another proposal which they’re hoping to bring to the NHL soon. As of now, the two sides don’t have any talks scheduled and it wasn’t believed they’d meet again until next week.
The last time the owners and players met was last weekend but only non-financial topics were discussed. Without anything scheduled, it’s tough to say when things will get the opportunity to move forward (or backwards).
The fact the players’ union is working on something new, however, is a reason to be hopeful that perhaps things can get back on track to a settlement.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)