Oct 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
One of the owners’ big hangups with the players’ union is that they’ve yet to come back to them with another offer. That may soon be changing.
Andy Strickland of 590 AM in St. Louis reports the NHLPA is working on another proposal which they’re hoping to bring to the NHL soon. As of now, the two sides don’t have any talks scheduled and it wasn’t believed they’d meet again until next week.
The last time the owners and players met was last weekend but only non-financial topics were discussed. Without anything scheduled, it’s tough to say when things will get the opportunity to move forward (or backwards).
The fact the players’ union is working on something new, however, is a reason to be hopeful that perhaps things can get back on track to a settlement.
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45