Oct 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
One of the owners’ big hangups with the players’ union is that they’ve yet to come back to them with another offer. That may soon be changing.
Andy Strickland of 590 AM in St. Louis reports the NHLPA is working on another proposal which they’re hoping to bring to the NHL soon. As of now, the two sides don’t have any talks scheduled and it wasn’t believed they’d meet again until next week.
The last time the owners and players met was last weekend but only non-financial topics were discussed. Without anything scheduled, it’s tough to say when things will get the opportunity to move forward (or backwards).
The fact the players’ union is working on something new, however, is a reason to be hopeful that perhaps things can get back on track to a settlement.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25