Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)