Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)