Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4