Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)