Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 13
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)