Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (98)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)