Oct 4, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun hears from their agent Pat Brisson and finds out the Flyers forwards are headed to Europe to play in the German league with Eisbaren Berlin.
It was rumored earlier that Giroux was headed to either the KHL or the Czech Extraliga while chatter picked up on Briere recently. Seeing the duo head to Germany makes for a bit of a change compared to where other stars have headed off to during the lockout.
With roster restrictions in Russia and Sweden still haggling over whether to allow NHLers in or not, Germany offers none of those issues. Now the question is whether or not Giroux will swap out grilled cheese for schnitzel.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22