Oct 4, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
In a statement released by the players’ association, Fehr rips the league for locking the players out and for punishing the fans by canceling games.
“The decision to cancel the first two weeks of the NHL season is the unilateral choice of the NHL owners. If the owners truly cared about the game and the fans, they would lift the lockout and allow the season to begin on time while negotiations continue. A lockout should be the last resort in bargaining, not the strategy of first resort. For nearly 20 years, the owners have elected to lock-out the players in an effort to secure massive concessions. Nevertheless, the players remain committed to playing hockey while the parties work to reach a deal that is fair for both sides. We hope we will soon have a willing negotiating partner.”
The two sides met last weekend to discuss everything except the important financial issues and don’t have another meeting scheduled anytime soon.
Fehr and the players continue to fight the bold fight to win public support, but if the schedule gets wiped out by a work stoppage, that battle is over with and the fans will demand results.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Was fired by the Flyers earlier this season.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Chicago gets Brandon Mashinter in return.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
If he’s going to re-sign with the Sabres, he wants to see “actions” from management.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Incident saw the Boston defenseman stretchered off the ice Thursday.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Second veteran defenseman they’ve waived this season.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
Vancouver hosts the Coyotes tonight and the Avs Sunday.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
So. Many. Injuries.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
“Felt like we could have had five,” said Joe Pavelski.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Won’t face Dallas on Saturday.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
They blew away the Avs by six goals last night.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Tough times for the Swiss forward.
Dec 6, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Could be the plan.
Dec 6, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
Captain John Tavares says they’re not earning wins, but the veteran goalie has a different theory.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
He led New York to a 3-1 victory over Buffalo.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 AM EST
No timetable for return.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:15 AM EST
Patrick Roy should know how this feels.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:35 AM EST
Bottom of the Metropolitan Division.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:02 AM EST
Triumph in the face of adversity.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Bad night for Colorado.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 0
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 31
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)