Oct 4, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
In a statement released by the players’ association, Fehr rips the league for locking the players out and for punishing the fans by canceling games.
“The decision to cancel the first two weeks of the NHL season is the unilateral choice of the NHL owners. If the owners truly cared about the game and the fans, they would lift the lockout and allow the season to begin on time while negotiations continue. A lockout should be the last resort in bargaining, not the strategy of first resort. For nearly 20 years, the owners have elected to lock-out the players in an effort to secure massive concessions. Nevertheless, the players remain committed to playing hockey while the parties work to reach a deal that is fair for both sides. We hope we will soon have a willing negotiating partner.”
The two sides met last weekend to discuss everything except the important financial issues and don’t have another meeting scheduled anytime soon.
Fehr and the players continue to fight the bold fight to win public support, but if the schedule gets wiped out by a work stoppage, that battle is over with and the fans will demand results.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:51 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see what happens as this series heads to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Series shifts back to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Had a dominant performance in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim’s veteran forward received a minor penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
“I think I bring a really good winning attitude and I have a lot to offer offensively.”
Apr 18, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby scored twice and that helps.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Had one goal in 19 playoff games prior to Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
These teams combined for eight shots in the opening period.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has some decisions to make, now that he’s won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
St. Louis with the win.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Edmonton wins the Connor McDavid sweeps.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Can the Penguins and Jets even things up?
Apr 18, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Not wasting any time.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This series is all tied up at 1-1.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Mrazek pulled after two periods.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)